We stayed one night and had several glitches with the organization. They forgot to bring us our extra cot, even after a reminder. Upon the second reminder they claimed they had no record that we needed one, but brought one in any case. The cot was very uncomfortable, I would not recommend it. The cleaning staff woke us up by banging on our door at 8:20 in the morning. We have no idea why because we were checking out later that morning, so there was no reason to be cleaning our room. The room itself had a nice view of the river, but the heat was not good. There was a very old style heater that was noisy when on, and the room was cold when it was off. The breakfast is very expensive. The only good point was the pool, which is quite nice and has an outdoor part which you get to by swimming through an opening from the indoor part. So, you can swim outdoors, even in the winter. On our way back we canceled at the Holiday Inn and went to the Best Western instead, which was much nicer, cheaper and included a complimentary breakfast which was quite nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Friendliest Service Among Peterborough, Ontario Hotels Located In the heart of the Kawarthas, the Holiday Inn Hotel Peterborough Waterfront is ideally situated along the Trent Severn Waterway in the downtown business and shopping district with 60 restaurants within walking distance. Our hotel's central location puts you near the world's highest hydraulic lift lock and Canada's only Canoe Museum, 1.5 km from our hotel. Peterborough hosts numerous festivals throughout the year, such as summer's Festival of Lights and is home to popular arts facilities, like Showplace Performance Centre. You'll also find some of the best shopping opportunities in downtown Peterborough. Lodging here puts business travelers near GE Canada, Siemens, Pepsi-QTG, De Laval, Ministry of Natural Resources and other businesses in Peterborough. Our hotel's amenities include over 650 sq. m. of meeting space, catering services and a 24-hour Business Centre. From the indoor/outdoor pool and whirlpool to the kid's playroom and recreation room, our Peterborough hotel's amenities keep you entertained. Enjoy a meal at the Riverside Grill, visit the Fitness Centre and relax in a 100% nonsmoking guest room or suite featuring comfortable beds with triple-sheeted mattresses, work areas with free high-speed Internet access, a 32-inch LCD TV and more. We invite you to stay at our hotel in Peterborough, where the only thing we overlook is the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Peterborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Peterborough Hotel Peterborough
- Holiday Inn Peterborough Ontario
- Peterborough Holiday Inn