“New Owners Very good burger”
Review of Reggie's Hot Grill

Reggie's Hot Grill
Ranked #139 of 341 Restaurants in Peterborough
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 7 May 2017

This was our first time to this restaurant with the new owners and YUMMY very good burger and fries. We enjoyed the burger combo and the sizes was just right. Had to ask what was the bright orange powder at each table - Franks Hot Sauce powder - not season salt - nice but a surprise. Only suggestion is at closing please wipe down the vinegar and condiments left on the tables, we were there at 11:30 am and everything was smeared and yucky from the day before use.

1  Thank FredTracie

Reviewed 6 January 2017

I have not had a decent anything in forever out of Reggies, not since Reg, and Cam were running it. I decided today, new owners, I would give it a shot. Have to say I only had poutine with bacon but the flavour of the gravy was awesome. Bacon was cooked and chopped nicely not big chunks. I will definitely be back. Goodluck to the new owners.

1  Thank MarilynVinette
Reviewed 24 December 2016

My wife and I were big fans of Reggies and would drive quite a distance for its unique menu and eclectic vibe. We hadn't been in a few months and tried today not realizing that it had changed hands. Gone is the "choose your own adventure" menu, the daily special, the cool vibe and the wide selection of beverages which included some healthy options. In its place we have a shrunken version of Reggies menu which is not nearly as fun.

I mentioned to the owner that I was surprised that he'd removed the cooler full of interesting drinks and was told "yeah, but I fixed the pop dispenser and there's free refills". How out of touch...

I ordered a mozzarella burger and asked for bacon. The bacon was burnt black. I brought this to the attention of the owner and he blamed his cook saying "yes I saw it when I served it to you, and have already told him it's unacceptable, but lots of people like their bacon like that". I explained that I was more irritated by the fact that he'd noticed it and still served it. We would have gladly waited for a re-do as everyone makes mistakes, but trying to hide it and keeping your fingers crossed that the customer doesn't say anything is unacceptable. There was no offer to make things right - even to offer a refund on the bacon would have been nice.

We also ordered onion rings and a poutine. The rings are the typical frozen variety but priced at a point that you'd expect homemade. The poutine was fine - real curds. I will also say that the burgers themselves are tasty. The buns are too big for the patties, but not a big deal.

Unfortunately we won't be back - too many choices to bother retrying subpar. I think survival will be tough for the new owner as the goodwill in the business (years of building a loyal customer base) is quickly dying.

5  Thank Brad O
Steve E, Owner at Reggie's Hot Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Brad. I am the person you spoke with on that day.
You came up to the counter, told me you owned a bakery in Ajax, and would never serve something cooked so incorrectly. You changed the level of conversation with your entry. Now we are two business owners talking. The lady you were with was dressed and at the door ready to leave. You had your coat on. You put the tray on table, gave your opinion and left. There was no opportunity to remake the order. You did finish everything else.
You had me on the bacon. I should have second guessed the cook that day. If you really wanted the bacon, you could have come up when the meal started.
Your other comments like""choose your own adventure" menu" , are not shared with what we are hearing back. Or the soda dispenser vs bottles of pop. And the menu hasnt shrunken. We actually added kids options and chicken options. The original burgers we removed can be made with the toppings we offer. So the menu has expanded.
The other opinions you wrote, you are entitled to.
I was really disappointed to read this Brad. It seems that your bacon was overdone and you felt the need to make a list of other changes and deem them short comings. The feedback we are getting is quite the opposite of your opinions, but you are entitled to yours. It was a slow day when you came in. The Friday before Christmas Eve. You could have called me over and we could have chatted. I would have liked to hear why filling out an order page was such an adventure, rather that the annoyance everyone else is glad we got rid of.
Come back some afternoon Brad. Lunch is on me. You appealed to me as a fellow business owner then wrote this very colourful and damaging review. I`d like to hear details on why you feel I have completely missed the boat with my remake of Reggies.
Take care. Steve

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

So. I came to reggies for a burger with my gf. Hood isn't working. The place is full of smoke. The guy taking orders is a older man with a serious problem with speed. Does not listen to us. And rush is to order. So. Then we order a salads. And the salad is so tiny for the price. I am a chef I know that you work in order of make a profit. But the size is ridiculous small. I try to talk to him about it He take it from me and whit out let me finish talk he kinda scream at me. Point me with his finger and say I make you a new one. But my whole point is.

1 terrible and bad that the hood does not work on a place with high smoke cooking
2. Terrible costumer service
3. Who he thinks he is to point at me ( as a Latino that is a hell no! )
4. They refund us for the meal. And I most say. I am willing to pay. I don't want nothing for free. But at the same time I don't want some one like that pointing at me. Or been on a place full of smoke.

I miss the original owners.

3  Thank Martin M
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Very good burger. But the lady behind the desk was rushing us to order, but there were no other customers in the restaurant. We didn't even had the chance to learn about their menu. Don't look at the pictures they do not represent what the burgers are.