“A Fresh Twist on Thai Food”

Cosmic Charlie's Cafe
Ranked #62 of 328 Restaurants in Peterborough
Price range: US$12 - US$16
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon Cosmic Charlie's after seeing a performance at the Market Theatre. The atmosphere was enticing and so was the food. We sampled and shared the onion dish (I forget it's name) and the chicken satays. We really enjoyed the food and the prompt courteous service. This is a family run business and their commitment to their customers is very apparent. Staff were super attentive without hovering. You gotta try this place!

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I have been going to Cosmic Charlie's for about 15 years. Always a great meal. Last couple of times I have been disappointed. Not sure what is happening, but I hope they get it sorted out. I ordered Beef Satay, which I have enjoyed many times in the past. Tonight the beef was over cooked and dry. Satay sauce was weird-- tasted like a BBQ sauce. Totally different than what I have had before. Rice was a big mush ball. How do you mess up rice? The cost was $19.95 for this dish which is WAY overpriced. I told waitress I wasn't happy with meal but that didn't seem to matter much. Nothing was done about the dissatisfaction with meal. I guess being a loyal customer for 15 years doesn't amount to much. I will give them one more chance, if quality hasn't changed I will take my family and friends elsewhere.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Very nice lunch. Lots of tea choices and the staff is very friendly! Satay chick & Fish & chips were both good. Yummy spring rolls.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

For the cheaper traveler, or for the regular PTBO explorer, desserts can be a hopeful wish when money is tight. Cosmic Charlie's doesn't help the wallet, but their mango cheesecake topped with raspberry sauce and mint leave is good enough to pay the $7.50 for it! Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere, waitress was very nice and conversational. Flavours were great and food presentation was some of the best I've seen for Thai in Peterborough. Though everything was so good, for this city, the price seemed high for a small restaurant on Charlotte street. Will go back again for a special occasion.