Chipican Motel
US$124
US$94
TripAdvisor
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2016

My wife and I stopped here to look at a room for a future trip. The price is dirt cheap and the room is clean enough though extremely dated. If you search cheap-O sites like Priceline and Hotwire you can find discounted rates for this motel. The refrigerator in room number 7 looks like it was manufactured in the 1950s. There is an air-conditioner and a TV that looks like they were made in the 1980s. The old sign out front is a cool piece of highway nostalgia.

This place is definitely NO FRILLS. For a quick overnight rest near the Bluewater bridge... this is your cheapest option.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2016

The room was disgusting, the bathtub was full of hair which were not ours and plugged. We didn't dare to walk without shoes on the carpet, lanky stain, stain on the bed sheets too, this is cheap, okay, but cheap doesn't mean they don't have to clean the rooms... Do not go there !

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandie B
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

I have never stayed at this hotel but I live in Sarnia and this hotel it the eye sore of the city. It is well known that when they send homeless drug addicts here for a subsidized stay for long periods of time.
International student also reside here in large numbers of people per room.
I have a good friend that lives a few houses down from the Chipican Motel and drug users will stay there for nights on end and binge use drugs.
Do yourself a favour and spend the money to stay somewhere else!

Stayed: March 2016
4  Thank newtraveler3914
CHIPICAN, Manager at Chipican Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2016

This person never stayed at our motel so how can she give review about any body or any property. Her review is baseless and she is making wrong judgement based on gossips etc. Thousands of people stay at our motel every year and out of thousands if we don't rent some of them because of their past behavior then of course they will try to pass on negative review in revenge. But we continue to serve our thousands of other regular nice loyal customers who keeps on coming and staying with us again and again and they are happy and familiar with us as we are running this motel for over a decade now.

I request you to remove this baseless and never stayed person review.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

I had travel to this hotel on Jan 29/2016 and paid online to stay. When I went inside the room , it was poorly dirty. The room smell really bad , bed in really bad condition . it seems like they buy used mattress from somewhere, I feel itchy as soon as you enter. The room had smell of bug spray all over. The Blanket had burned holes in it. I am putting some pictures for everyone review . It is waste of your money to stay in this hotel and ruin your trip. Even the manager is really a rude person , I don't know how he is running his business.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank pali g
Reviewed 15 January 2016

This is reminiscent of the roadside Americana available throughout the USA, though it is near the international bridge in Sarnia. It is not a spectacular motel, but it is a decent enough place sleep for a night if passing through town.

Room Tip: They are all basically the same.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple