“Absolutely Disgusting!”
Review of Chipican Motel

Chipican Motel
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Reviewed 21 October 2006

This place is absolutely disgusting. We walked into the room, turned on the light, and saw nothing but filth. One bed was messed up, there was dust covering all furniture, what seemed to be blood stains all over the back of the door. The bathroom was the grossest thing I've ever seen -- black mold/mildew growing in the shower, toilet stained brown. The air conditioning unit was duct taped into the window, the "wonderful" fridge & microwave dated back to the 80's.. Stains on the carpets, cigarette burns in the sheets, garbage in the drawers.. It was as though someone had just come in, made the beds, and the room was abandoned for a number of years.

Front desk staff was not polite or courteous in any way. We were stuck with a prepaid reservation and nowhere else to go at 3am. Not worth the money, however cheap the rates may be.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
9  Thank redhearts

Reviewed 25 August 2006

I usually go to sarnia at least once every month for my business trip and always stay at this motel. The reasons are, quite and nice location, lowest price in town, big and fairly clean rooms. The best part is it is located right across a beautiful park which is my favorite place in whole town and I always like to walk in that after supper in the next door restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank tonymelero
Reviewed 19 August 2006

This place is the kind of place you would drive by and wonder "who would stay there" Room rentals very cheap by the week.
Curtains are dirty and hanging off the windows. The restaurant next door is a good cheap steak place (different owners) but the hotel needs to be gutted

• Stayed: August 2006
8  Thank Trustmetotravel
Reviewed 7 August 2006

I stayed at this motel for a night during the Bayfest weekend. Their rooms were fine, not too fancy and luxurious. The room I had, had all the basic necessities I required and I found it to be a decent enough place to stay peacefully at for the night, with a pretty reasonable price.

When I went there the motel was almost fully booked, but the staff did a good job of keeping it very quiet during the night time. My room had everything they said, though I really had no use for the mini-fridge or microwave, because I dined at the next door Chipican Restaurant. I strongly recommend that restaurant to anyone who has the chance of stopping by there. They truly served some of the best steaks I've ever had.

I read some of the other reviews from some of the other travelers here, and I think some of them simply had different expectations than I had, or were simply impossible to please, complaining about every little thing.

Everything is nearby this motel's location, and I'd probably stay there again, especially for rate I recieved.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2006

This hotel was so bad we did not even walk on the carpets with bare feet. The matresses filty. The bathroom moldy. The "drapes" held up by masking tape. I do not know how this place hasn't been shut down already. We stayed up and out of the room for as long as possible. Because it was for one night and we were leaving early in the morning we stayed. NEVA AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed: June 2006