“Silver Stick Smiles”

Ranked #8 of 187 Restaurants in Sarnia
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Greek, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Sarnia Lambton tradition for over 50 years. With seating for over 200 people, John's is the go-to for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Family Meals, Curbside Pick-up, Teams, Corporate Meetings and so much more.
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Went to John's during the Silver Stick Hockey Tournament last weekend. The place was packed, we decided to go in and see how long the wait was, and even with a packed house we didnt wait long and was looked after by the staff. I ordered the big bacon breakfast and was very impressed, wife had the veggie skillet and my son had kids bacon breakfast and fruit bowl, next day -- yes... we went again on Sunday and had the same and my child had the pancakes which I helped at the end to finish.

During our first visit on Saturday we were seated at the bar and one of the workers an older gentleman maybe the owner himself sat down and had a coffee and talked to me, and gave me a run down on the history John's before our order arrived, what a great breakfast experience. The Breakfast was one of the best I ever had, and with the bus loads of Silver Stick Hockey players arriving, the staff were all wonderful with a smile. Thank You, we loved it, will be back next time we are in town.

Date of visit: January 2018
Write a reviewReviews (298)

Reviewed 23 November 2017

We ordered 4 take out turkey dinners to honor our friends in the USA since I am in a leg cast and find it hard to get around. The meals were fantastic!! We had the salad, the full meal (turkey, potatoes, veggies, gravy, stuffing and cranberry sauce with pumpkin pie. WOW....we couldn't eat it all and am saving the pie for later with coffee. Thanks so much...you made our day :)

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

The mural is quaint. The food ain't. I expect for a place that's been around as long as this place has that they would get it right. But my experience did not prove this to be the case. My burger had the texture of over handled frozen pattie that had been injected with unnatural flavour. My fries were equally as disappointing. I ordered a shake and it tasted more like a melt.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We have had breakfast here a few times. Service is quick and staff are courteous and friendly. The food is always tasty with large portions. It is always very busy here which shows that it is a great choice. They also have very good lunches and dinners

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank OntarioTravellers2
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner and both ordered the Chicken Parmesan. The chicken was overcooked and dry. They served it over spaghetti with meat sauce which I found odd as it is usually tomato sauce. They served it with garlic bread but the bread tasted only of cooking oil there was no garlic flavour at all. It was just a regular slice of bread as well. I would not recommend this dish. The waitress was friendly but didn’t offer an apology at all when I mentioned the issues.

Date of visit: October 2017
Leo1643, Owner at John's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit. We will certainly review your concerns with our kitchen and dining room team. Our Chicken Parmesan is one of our most popular dishes and is always served over meat sauce (our special twist on the recipe). We aim to provide great food and great service on every occasion and I would encourage you to let your server know of any concerns during your meal as we are always more than happy to fix them during a meal. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Feel free to contact me at the restaurant any time.