“Takeout during Covid restrictions”
Review of John's Restaurant

John's Restaurant
Get food delivered
Ranked #8 of 187 Restaurants in Sarnia
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Greek, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Sarnia Lambton tradition for over 50 years. With seating for over 200 people, John's is the go-to for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Family Meals, Curbside Pick-up, Teams, Corporate Meetings and so much more.
Reviewed 30 April 2020 via mobile

We ordered the Gyros family meal deal - and it was amazing! Five full gyros is what it made, with meat left over. A huge tray of Greek potatoes (which were fabulous), huge tray of Greek salad, and all the toppings for gyros including tzatziki. Let me tell you, we were stuffed and have enough for leftovers. It was so good, and the price was incredible! So nice for a takeout option, and they were very accommodating for a pickup time. I called to see if it could be ready a bit early and it wasn’t a problem at all. So impressed - give these guys a try!
Thank you to you all!

Date of visit: April 2020
1  Thank candicel1977
Write a reviewReviews (298)

Reviewed 20 March 2020

Old diner atmosphere. Great tasting food with lots of choices. Fantastic service from friendly staff. Fair prices. Good portions. Clean. I had the chicken tender meal and while that seems ordinary, the breading was thin and tasty. The cole slaw was unexpectedly vingar-based--Canadians love vinegar--and I loced the flavor. My wife enjoyed the perfectly cooked pork chop meal. It was a lot of food.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 13 March 2020 via mobile

Food is home cooked and portions are hearty ... huge menu and always busy. To say that they are famous for their bacon is to say the least!!! Amazing eggs benny.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

This was my first visit with friends who are locals. I was impressed by the meal I ordered, it was quality fish and the bread was fresh. I will definitely be back for breakfast one day.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 29 February 2020

I ordered the French toast. A side of homefries also. For 12.99 for French toast I got 3 slices of thin bread and the home fries were cold and a pile of mush. 19.00 for a most undesirable meal. Will never order that again. I’ve noticed they have really raised the prices and the quality of food is poor.

Date of visit: February 2020