“Catered Family Goodness!”

Ranked #8 of 187 Restaurants in Sarnia
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Greek, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Sarnia Lambton tradition for over 50 years. With seating for over 200 people, John's is the go-to for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Family Meals, Curbside Pick-up, Teams, Corporate Meetings and so much more.
Reviewed 24 September 2020

Another shout out to John’s Restaurant for catering our parents' 40th anniversary celebration!

With all of the uncertainty of this year regarding sizes on social gatherings we couldn’t commit to a fully catered occasion that would be hard to adjust last minute.

We began our search for restaurants that were open on Sundays and after looking at their menu John’s had a great selection to choose from!

We decided on ordering two chicken parmesan dinners from John’s family dinner menu but had hoped to get more chicken breasts than the meal usually provides.
John’s returned my message immediately and were more than happy to accommodate the request and gave us the very reasonable price quote before going forward.

They offer delivery, cutlery, and also having multiple choices on sides and other extras such as garlic bread. They arrived perfectly on time with the piping hot containers separate from the “cold” salads and dressings.

John's called in to check how everything was and to make sure we were happy.
Where there was too much to eat at the time, the leftovers were very quickly claimed!

Thank you John’s for the delicious and filling meal!

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank CaHaYo
Write a reviewReviews (298)

Reviewed 16 August 2020

I'm writing this review based on many visits I've had and every time I have the same experience. The last time I went pretty much sums it up. I went with my boyfriend for breakfast, the hostess gave us our table and took our drink orders. As we ordered she didn't even look at us. Then she told one of the younger servers to get our drinks but told them the wrong thing. Same thing with my breakfast, I ordered a side of toast that never arrived and had to wait to flag someone down and have it made. Not too big of a deal, but still. Then the waitress and hostess approached me at the same time, both literally talking to me, one asking if I wanted a refill on my drink and the other trying to take my meal that I wasn't finished with, because I was talking to my boyfriend. It felt like nesr the end of our meal we were being rushed and the only time the hostess was attentive to us was when it was time to pay the bill. Sad because I do like the food there but there's always something with the service.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 30 April 2020 via mobile

We ordered the Gyros family meal deal - and it was amazing! Five full gyros is what it made, with meat left over. A huge tray of Greek potatoes (which were fabulous), huge tray of Greek salad, and all the toppings for gyros including tzatziki. Let me tell you, we were stuffed and have enough for leftovers. It was so good, and the price was incredible! So nice for a takeout option, and they were very accommodating for a pickup time. I called to see if it could be ready a bit early and it wasn’t a problem at all. So impressed - give these guys a try!
Thank you to you all!

Date of visit: April 2020
1  Thank candicel1977
Reviewed 20 March 2020

Old diner atmosphere. Great tasting food with lots of choices. Fantastic service from friendly staff. Fair prices. Good portions. Clean. I had the chicken tender meal and while that seems ordinary, the breading was thin and tasty. The cole slaw was unexpectedly vingar-based--Canadians love vinegar--and I loced the flavor. My wife enjoyed the perfectly cooked pork chop meal. It was a lot of food.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 13 March 2020 via mobile

Food is home cooked and portions are hearty ... huge menu and always busy. To say that they are famous for their bacon is to say the least!!! Amazing eggs benny.

Date of visit: February 2020