“An awesome find”

Ranked #33 of 146 Restaurants in Stratford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We were visiting from out of town and were recommended to eat here. From the outside just don't judge a book by its cover. It's no wonder there is a line up at the door. Quick, efficient service. We got seated quickly and food came out quickly too. Excellent waitress. Food was hot and very tasty! Great prices too! I had the eggs benny and my husband had the fish and chips. Then we had 2 butter tarts to go home with. They were going out the door like crazy! Fabulous experience beginning to end. Make sure you stop here for a great diner experience.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

What a great place for good food, great service and happy employees. Don’t forget to have a butter Tart!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Friend likes this place and wanted to bring me here.
We had the fish and chips. One of their standard offerings.
Fish was good but the fries were over cooked and brown, not golden.
Cole slaw was different from others I have had elsewhere. No opinion.
Plenty of fries and if they had been cooked a bit less would have been good, I hope.
I heard about the butter tarts. We had one and it was okay but have had better.
Service was friendly.
Willing to try again.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I've wanted to do check this diner out for years and today was the day. We were looking for a nice breakfast that was reasonably prices. We were very impressed with the You Are My Sunshine selection we made. Not only was it inexpensive, it was delivered quickly and was delicious. We had to buy a couple of butter tarts for later in the day. No regrets in our decision to try Madelyn Diner-we'll be back!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended by one of the stage actors who lives nearby. He loves it so much he even brings the tarts to Toronto when he comes back. If you enjoy diners you will probably enjoy this place. Staff was friendly and food was delicious. Wish it had been real syrup but what can you do. A real homey feel.