“Weekend in Grand Bend was treated by friend to these Butter Tarts!!!”
Review of Madelyn's Diner

Madelyn's Diner
Ranked #31 of 145 Restaurants in Stratford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Girls weekend at a friends cottage in SouthCott Pines, Grand Bend. Owner lives in Stratford and treated us to these AMAZING pecan butter tarts. They were hands down THEE best I have had. Pastry, filling, the whole thing was delectable and lovely. She told us where she bought them and we decided on our way home back to Carlisle we would make a stop to buy more. They also had, plain, raisin, and bacon...yes bacon. I bought 6 pecan, as I love pecans. If you are in Stratford on a Sunday, stop in for yourself. But make sure it' before 1:30pm as they close then. We thought it was a bakery, but they are sold in the diner. Upon arriving I remembered I ate at this diner a few years ago when my son was in a hockey tournament in Stratford and also enjoyed the food.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We were visiting from out of town and were recommended to eat here. From the outside just don't judge a book by its cover. It's no wonder there is a line up at the door. Quick, efficient service. We got seated quickly and food came out quickly too. Excellent waitress. Food was hot and very tasty! Great prices too! I had the eggs benny and my husband had the fish and chips. Then we had 2 butter tarts to go home with. They were going out the door like crazy! Fabulous experience beginning to end. Make sure you stop here for a great diner experience.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

What a great place for good food, great service and happy employees. Don’t forget to have a butter Tart!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Friend likes this place and wanted to bring me here.
We had the fish and chips. One of their standard offerings.
Fish was good but the fries were over cooked and brown, not golden.
Cole slaw was different from others I have had elsewhere. No opinion.
Plenty of fries and if they had been cooked a bit less would have been good, I hope.
I heard about the butter tarts. We had one and it was okay but have had better.
Service was friendly.
Willing to try again.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I've wanted to do check this diner out for years and today was the day. We were looking for a nice breakfast that was reasonably prices. We were very impressed with the You Are My Sunshine selection we made. Not only was it inexpensive, it was delivered quickly and was delicious. We had to buy a couple of butter tarts for later in the day. No regrets in our decision to try Madelyn Diner-we'll be back!