“Gorgeous”

Sleeping Giant Provincial Park
Ranked #2 of 69 things to do in Thunder Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on a rugged peninsula of thick forests, several lakes, and high granite cliffs, this scenic wonderland offers nature walks, camping and fishing activities.
Reviewed 15 October 2017

My son and I camped here at the end of August/ beginning of September. It was a fantastic experience. We managed at least two trails per day. We really enjoyed the Top of the Giant trail. The view was breathtaking. We will return!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

The visit was an adventure of a lifetime and everyone that can must!!!

The trip took me 13+ hours to drive there from Innisfil but it was one of the best hike I have ever done, if I have the chance to do it again I will stay overnight on the top ...

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This was the highlight of our trip! My sister and I were so pumped and so ready, or so we thought! We got prepared as best as we knew how and started our hike with so much enthusiasm. The first half to the top was fairly easy, really just a walk but after you get to the fork in the trail it gets very difficult! Don't turn around, is going to be hard but it's so worth it to go to the top! You will know yourself so much better by the time you get to the end of the first 11 km. Make small goals and you will definitely make it! 100% a must see, you won't get better views of the entire area!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Great park. The visitor center is located at the campground, halfway into the park. You'll need to stop there for a map to maximize your experience. Strongly recommend the Thunder Bay View Road. It's a gravel/dirt road leading to a cantilevered overlook of the bay. Not for the faint of heart, but well worth it.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Sleeping Giant Provincial Park is our favourite for a day hike.
We are always happy with the ability to enjoy the outdoors, so close to Thunder Bay