“Great pulled pork”

Lou Dawg's Southern BBQ
Ranked #2,323 of 9,134 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Toronto's Spot for Southern BBQ, Blues, Live Music, Late Night Eats & #Goodtimes! Join us for brunch on our courtyard patio! UBER EATS Delivery available
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Food very flavourful but expensive. Love the pulled pork and bbq brisket. Great sweet potato fries, all fresh and homemade. Bar upstairs used mostly by Ryerson kids.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

It's a chilled place. The ribs are awesome! The service excellent! I like sitting outside in The back patio for ribs with a beer!

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the hostel next door. Monday open mic was very cool! And Tuesday trivia I didn't partake but was cool to watch. I came to Canada by myself and these people were very welcoming. Try this beer called "steamwhistle" it was very tasty and the bbq was on point! I had the brisket and omg so tender and flavorful! If I ever get to go back up north, I'll definently stop by again!

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Wonderful ribs. The smoke flavour, rub and sauce made the ribs to die for. Sweet potatoes fries and the mayo were yummy. The salads were good for a BBQ joint. They sadly ran out of corn muffins. The Brisket was done well and the smokey BBQ sauce for the side was really nice. The Caesar was different as they rimmed the glass with their chicken wing rub. Not my thing but the drink itself was good. Atmosphere had a college hangout feel to it. Service was excellent. Both servers were attentive. If you want a joint with great ribs then this is for you.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Came for lunch. Didn't even have the beers my guest wanted. Isn't this a bar more than a restaurant? I was told the pulled smoked sandwiches were good, but boy was I disappointed. Sandwich came in a basket with no sides which looked really odd compared to all the other places around that serve sides as part of the meal. Oh, I forgot it may have come with a single piece of celery. Not worth it. Waiter was nice but slow and there wasn't any patrons! Need I say more.