“Birthday celebration”

Ranked #3,353 of 9,239 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Reviewed 7 December 2017

My daughter who was turning 31, wanted to celebrate her birthday with the family at this place. She's super busy and so I organized the invites & reserved the place for 20 people. Worried about the price and venue, I decided to go and check out the place myself one evening. The lady greeted me & made me feel welcome as soon as I stepped-in and did my inquiry. She explained to me the menu and the area where we will be seated. I asked about the prices & she showed me the inside menu & gave me take-out menu where I can review it later on. We ordered the sizzling plate combo as shareables (only available during lunch), shrimps, clams, mussels, chicken. Then okra, fried rice, broccoli, corn, lotus root, fries, lobster sandwiches for the sides. The food was very delicious!!! I love it!!! The servers were very nice. The service was fast. Price was not bad when you share the food with 3 people. Overall experience, 5 star! I will recommend this place to my friends.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Business lunch. Two of us wanting to enjoy for seafood. The service was great and the staff very friendly. The food ordinary, nothing special and also exceedingly expensive. Want lobster? Go to the grocery store and buy some and cook yourself...will save well over $100.00 for sure.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Many time we head out for lunch/dinner, we saw most people were busy on their phone and not much interaction with the party on the table. This is not unique on my case. But dining here makes the difference as you don't wan to mess up with your phone. That you have no choice but to finish all the food and mingle with the party. I like the taste especially the Captain Broil favor. It's a mix of 3. But if you like garlic, make sure to go with the clam. Price is about the same with most seafood restaurant. It's a total different experience.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We went for a daily date night .. the server was very helpful and walked us through how it worked. We were excited to try something new. Wish we hadn't the king crab leg was 1 leg and for $48 I would expect more and the lobster was disgusting, we will never eat here again .
For $125 + tip which is something we feel obligated to pay it was disgusting almost vomit worthy, save your money and go to red lobster !!!

1  Thank Dawn W
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We were very excited to try this place. We were very disappointed. With no alcohol and 4 people the bill was $208 before tip. $215 after tip. Yup a $7 tip for no service at all. My normal is a minimum of 25% and up to 50% or more for good service.

The kid that served us was unable to help us understand the menu and the process and just refused to answer questions. 3/4 of the way through our meal the table next to us sat and they were using scissors to attack their shell fish. We were not offered scissors and the wait staff was nowhere to be found to ask for them. The bar service was really limited which resulted in us skipping the drinks . The kid serving us didn't know what they had and was no help.

The seafood was good. Pricey but good.
The rice and shrimp dish was inedible. At $14 for a small plate of crappy rice I would skip.
The shrimp basket with fries was very good. Best thing we had actually.

I wish we had tried the Vaughan location for better service however I won't ever do this restaurant again. Totally off on the value proposition.