“Highly recomended”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #58 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel was perfect for a few days in Toronto! The location was lovely, right next to Dundas Square (Torontos times sqeare), very good shopping, and returants, bars and a lot more!
The rooms were nice, maybe a bit small. But new and clean!
We acually chose this hotel because it had a good price, and if Im going back to Toronto Im definatly staying here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hege L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,759)

Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Bond Place Hotel has a great location in the heart of downtown Toronto, spitting distance from yonge-dundas square and the eaton centre. The hotel is newly renovated and overall has nice decor, in the lobby and guest rooms, the hallways seem to not flow very well with the rest of the hotel i find. Free wifi as also a plus! The only downfalls I found was the rooms are on the smaller side and the wall are very thin, you could clearly hear conversations in the hallways, and from other rooms. Also a plus is the hotel has its own parking garage across the street.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CrystallAmber
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Our location in the centre of Toronto is definitely a bonus, on top of the fact that the hotel has recently been renovated. However, due to our great location, our hotel does sometimes get busier. Nevertheless, we appreciate your comments and hope that we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I traveled to Toronto for a conference in November, and after checking TripAdvisor chose the Bond Place Hotel. My flight was delayed so I checked in late, and the staff were very nice. The hotel was clean and modern, with a cute coffee bar in the lobby. It's also walking distance from several restaurants, bars, and the mall. Very convenient. The only issue I had was that because I was delayed, I changed the name on the reservation to my friend's name so she could check in. Then when I arrived, we checked in at the front desk and I told the concierge my bad would be coming from the airport. He never asked my name so I assumed he still had both names on the register. When my bag did arrive in the middle of the night, he almost sent it back because he hadn't taken my name! This despite the fact that we both asked if he would make sure to hold onto my luggage and confirmed that he knew who I was, and I had checked with him several times over the phone to see if it had arrived. Perhaps it's my fault, but he tried to blame me for it in the morning which I didn't appreciate. Other than that everything was fine!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank sphygmos
BondHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

“We appreciate your feedback! We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the features our hotel and that you received great service from our staff at the Front Desk. Our apologies for the challenges you experienced in attempting to coordinate your lost luggage from the airport. We have used this particular experience to provide our team with more training. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!”

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Is the perfect place to stay if you want to be in downtown Toronto and just around the corner from Eaton Centre, Hard Rock Cafe and Dundas Square.
The hotel is all renewed, the standar bedrooms are a little small, but it have flat screen, good heat, and good renewed furnitures.
The price is very accesible.

Room Tip: Standar bedrooms are a little small.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Isaac_10

“We are thrilled that you had a great time during you stay at the hotel. Our hotel is definitely well located and in close proximity to all of the major sites of the city. Our room types are somewhat smaller, however, they are all newly renovated and provide a space that is overall well appointed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!”

Reviewed 7 February 2012

We booked this hotel due to it's proximity to our venue (Massey Hall) and to shopping (Eaton Center). I had stayed at this location before and they did a very good job at renovating the place. Upon check-in, my dear husband surprised me with the upgrade to the Honeymoon Suite, a great surprise for our midwinter getaway weekend. Once check in was complete, we made our way to the 18th floor to our room. The room was not over large, however did have a separate seating area and bedroom which both had their own 40" lcd tvs. The bathroom was in two separate sections, one with the beautiful soaker tub and a glassed in shower stall and sink/vanity. The other portion, a toilet and another sink/vanity. The section section accessible by two doors, one from the rest of the bathroom and one from the rest of the room. The bed was very comfortable, with nice white bedding and nice pillows (extra in the closet). On the night table was an alarm clock/ipod,iPhone docking station. In the sitting room, the white leather sofa was a pull out bed. It also had a spacious enough closet where the bathrobes hung. Coffee maker and mini fridge was next to the closet, and next to that was space to set your luggage, overtop of one drawer.
All furnishing and renovation style could have been right out of an IKEA catalogue, very modern.
Having said all that, there were some quirks to this room. Only one drawer to put clothes in and having to bend to the floor to reach said clothes once they were put away! No hooks in the bathroom for towels or the bathrobes. The tv's were very nice, but an awkward angle as the couch was too close . And these two were my biggest pet peeves...$10.00 a day for WIFI...we passed on that and just used our iPhone to do our necessary surfing. And also, for the extra 60.00 a night for the Honeymoon suite, we really didn't get any "extras" other than the tub. Generally in a honeymoon suite, would include a bottle of champagne and either chocolate or fresh fruit plate.
Overall though, this was an ideal location, and it was clean and the staff was very pleasant to deal with...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank walkertraveltalker

“Your thorough and positive comments are much appreciated. Our Honeymoon Suite is definitely our most extravagant and lavish room within the hotel. We do also appreciate your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of your guest room and stay and will ensure that your comments are passed on appropriately.”