2,961 results
All reviews dundas square imperial pub great location rooms are small budget hotel central location street noise front desk staff subway station hotel room underground parking room key heart of downtown cn tower coffee maker zia eaton
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Customer Service was good. They provided internet password, replaced keys and answered whatever questions we had.

Room was nice, Modern, Clean

The bathroom is weird, the shower doesn't have a door so you feel drafts depending on which way you're facing lol. Also the towels really suck, they're really really rough and thin. I'm not super picky, but those towels were something I scrunched my nose at.

Parking is available BESIDE the hotel. We negotiated $20 for 24 hours with the ticket guy, unless that was his rate and he tried to make us feel special.

The elevators require you to swipe your card on going up, as well as down. Weird and unnecessary.

The people at the hotel when we went, Saturday February 18th 2012, ranged from street corner individuals to business/professional looking people to random visitors like ourselves.

Room Tip: Higher floors better views, obviously.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bleikh
Reviewed 4 March 2012

check-in was a breeze. I was located on the 3rd floor of the hotel. It looks like they just recently renovated this place since everything appeared brand new in the hotel room. there was a few slight issues but nothing serious except the AC Unit. The AC kept turning on and off randomly for 1-2 mins every 45mins or so. Even when i set the AC unit and the thermal stat unit to "OFF" mode. Dropping the "SET" temperature did not help either. Another problem was how thin the wall was. You could hear everything that goes on outside your room. That includes people talking in the hallway and opening and closing their room doors. There is no pressure spring for the hotel door so the door will slam hard every time somebody enter a room. The bathroom is a sliding door with no lock so if you have friends traveling with you; you would want to let them know. Turning on the shower head with hot water set all the way will stop it from working. You had to turn on the shower head with cold water and slowly adjust it to hot. kind of annoying but nothing serious. These was problems located in my room. your stay could be different. Either way, I did not feel these problems was serious enough to report to a hotel staff. the hotel staff was really friendly about everything. One last thing, the room did not come with a In-room safe like it was advertised.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The room is very clean and small, but I didn't mind the size because it was modern and in a great location. However, the walls are very thin and you can hear everything going on in the room next to you. We had a group of young people next door partying and being extremely loud. I could hear them yelling, "Drink! drink! drink! When I went to the front desk to let them know, they said they would not do anything about it because it was not 10 pm yet. As far as I'm concerned, it shouldn't matter what time it is. The front desk person, Kevin didn't even apologize for the noise and just sent me on my way.
I like the hotel, but there needs to be a better policy for dealing with disruptive guests.

• Stayed: March 2012
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We at the Bond Place Hotel make all attempts to ensure that our guests’ comfort and satisfaction is maintained. We apologize for the poor response that you received from our team at the Front Desk regarding noise, but appreciate you bringing this to our attention, as it servers as a great opportunity for further training. Excessive amounts of noise are not tolerated at the hotel, no matter what time of the day. We look forward to welcoming you back, as we are confident that we can provide you with a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Nice rooms even though they are small. Well equipped and worth the money,

• Stayed: February 2012

Our rooms at the Bond Place Hotel are definitely more quaint, but with that said, they are definitely well appointed. Thanks for the great comments!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

If you have short trip and you want a convenient location in downtown TO then this your place. Although internet and break fast aren't part of the deal, the price per room was affordable eatons is nearby and so is dundas station - what more can you ask for :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business