“Girls night out”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #58 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 8 May 2012

The room was clean and comfy, all the staff were very friendly, price was great and loved the fact you can get a room with 3 beds in it! I would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlconaLady
Write a ReviewReviews (2,743)

Reviewed 7 May 2012

This hotel is conveniently located, both for the airport shuttle bus and the heart of the city. It is clean, basic, and OK, just nothing special. First off we were given keys to the wrong room, and then given a room with twin beds. They give you shampoo and body lotion but no body wash for the shower which is a tad annoying. But for a city break in Toronto I can't imagine there ismuch better on offer for price and location. Be warned though at present they are doing work in the lobby area, I hope they are creating a cafe/shop/bar area as it would certainly benefit from one.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank theproclaimers
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The Bond Place hotel is conveniently located near the main shopping district in Toronto and just a 5-10 minute walk to the St Laurence market area.

The rooms are modern but basic. There is limited room for luggage with two people, but we got by as well as having some bench space to work with. It reminded me of an ibis hotel in that all your basic necessities were covered, but not anything greater than that.

For our stay, this was more than adequate and from a pricing perspective, provided good value for money.

Wifi is available at a daily charge.

A pleasant stay for our first trip to Toronto and I would likely look to stay here again on a future visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2012

It was a bad first impression and you know what they say about those. When we got out of the cab I knew I would hate this hotel. The pictures are much better. Where to begin?!

The entrance resembles more a hostel... Then a downtown hotel. The name is so small you could easily miss it of you didn't know where to go. The lobby is small and hninviting.

The man at the front desk couldn't care less that we were there. We got checked into a room right in front of the elevator, that wasn't an option so I asked for another. The only other room was on the second floor -- bummer!

The room was SO small and had twin beds! WHO has twin bed anymore these days? The air in the room smelled as often bedding hadn't been changed in a few months. We only had two towels and two facecloths. There was an old hair dryer and a leaky as all heck iron in the room as well.

The bed skirts were definitely not changed in a whole they were really dirty.

All the plug ins are on the very bottoms off the wall / look for them.

Breakfast wasnt included.

There is a pub across the street, and a few good places to eat around the corner. The baton rouge, hard rock cafe, tons of starbucks

Overall I felt like I was in a cheeeeap hostel

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I enjoyed my 4 day stay at Bond Place. They seem like your pretty typical "budget" hotel (especially considering the lack of in hotel restaurant, but that's a bit irrelevant, considering the location). Rooms were clean. A little on the small side, but I didn't spend too much time actually hanging out there, so it was fine, and the bed was big enough for my friends and I to pile on for a pre-bedtime junk food fest. One noisy night due to a rather loud couple upstairs, and the streetcar could be an issue if you have an early bedtime (or small kids who wake easily).

My main rave is, of course, the location. It is AMAZING. I stepped out of Eaton Centre (Dundas Station) into Dundas Square to look for the hotel, and could see it from where I was standing, so it was very convenient in that regard. I felt pretty safe when wandering around alone for a night, before my friends arrived. I also was able to go from my bed on the 15th floor to Starbucks and back in under 5 minutes (I timed it!) – a definite selling factor. It's right near Yonge and Dundas, which is pretty much the centre of everything. My friends and I took many a leisurely walk to the sights we wanted to see: the CN Tower, CBC Building, Hockey Hall of Fame, etc.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends