“Excellent Area,Super Clean rooms and fab location,want to go back ASAP”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #59 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Well, my review would be the total opposite of the one just previously posted,not even sure they're talking about the same place!!
Flew Porter to Toronto City Centre (Island) on Friday at suppertime,and paid $17.25 for a taxi to hotel.Arrived at suppertime,and had no trouble checking in. Got 2 rooms side by side on the 15th floor (of 18) overlooking Dundas Square and the AMC theatre complex.
We had prepaid and gotten a great deal of $71.20 each room per nite (there for 3 nites) by booking direct on the hotel's own website.
I didn't like having to stick in room key to activate the elevator,but that was no biggie.The room was small but super clean and totally comfy and cozy,loved it. Had a double bed,great TV (in wall) with many channels.......Had a hair dryer,coffee maker with coffee and tea provided.Free newspapers were available in the lobby.
The lobby is under major construction which they say won't be taking much longer to complete.
The beauty of this hotel is location,location,location. The weather was so cold there but yet everything we wanted to do was about 2 minutes away (Cannon Theatre, Eaton Centre,AMC Theatre Complex,Atrium on Bay),and more......
This is a hotel where you shouldn't complain,you should be grateful for the great prices you paid for it, the friendly staff and great room,and best of all,the fabulous proximity to such great areas, including Dundas Square.........
Enjoy,I'll definitely go back!
dogsrule

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank dogsrule
Write a ReviewReviews (2,748)

Reviewed 30 January 2010

toronto had alot of hotels booked out so while i was waiting for my friend to get back into the city i was forced to stay at the bond place , i needed somewhere to put my stuff and i had some of my friends luggage has well .Even though the hotel is on a corner right by the eatons centre and downtown young street it is located behind young and is an area of town that is very rough with very rough people, even people are selling drugs by the front door , bums all around it .I was so scared in the room and was completly stuck there for that night.
i put all our stuff on stilts in the hotel to keep it all away from anything and then i left the room , i didnt feel safe there at all , i had to pretend i was a street kid in that neighbourhood just so no one would bother me cause theyd thought i had nothing.
I did not sleep that night , i stayed up and had to hang out in the streets like a bum i was tired and upset about it and had demanded my money back , i did get a full refund and that is great but it was such a horrible experience.
I was so happy to see my friend when she came back , we got a much better room the following night , luckily a room became available for us .
do not stay in this part of toronto , in toronto u really do get what you pay for .
apon refund i had asked them if they had ever had bugs in there hotel and they said they have had to spray in the past . so be sure to ask the hotels before you stay . im lucky to be alive and wel lafter that one .

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank MISSPICO
Reviewed 25 January 2010

This was our first trip to Canada. We wanted to be in downtown, Bond Place choice was great. Price and location was good. We were nicely greeted by reception staff and concierge. During our stay we had problem with the room card, a fine gentleman at the reception was very helpful. Construction in the lobby was inconvenient, but what you can do. We liked the hard wood floor. Overall our stay was very good. If we visit Toronto in future, we will stay at Bond Place.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wxyz001
Reviewed 22 January 2010

They say service can make or break a hotel - and that's what happened to me at Bond Place Hotel Toronto.
We had a been on a 3 week trip of the USA and had booked a leg in Canada. Our travel agent organised the room at Bond Place Hotel.
We arrived to the hotel at check in time and our room was not ready. The "robotic" staff behind the counter told us to take a seat in the lobby - only problem was there were no seats as a youth group of around 40 or so people were hanging around there also. It's fine that we had to wait - what's not fine is that rather than the desk clerks looking after us and checking back with us on the status of our room, we seemed to be forgotten and only the nice gentleman who took up the bag who kept checking back with us and asked us why we were still sitting there - I believe it was actaully him that got us our room otherwise we probably would have been sitting there all night.
My travel agent had pre ordered me a Mini bar fridge for medical purposes (my life threatening medication needs to be kept in a refridgerator at all times when not in use). I then double checked with my travel agent in regards to this and she assured me a request had been made (as was on my paperwork also). When we checked in finally I reminded the receptionist of the fridge and she said it would be sent up right away. Once we got to our room (which I found to be neat and nicely newly renovated - nice big tv, hard wood floors, comfy beds and a fabulous heating system - bathroom was satisfactory but could do with a makeover also), we fell asleep due to being on an overnight flight. I thought I'd be awoken to the person bringing up the fridge but I was not - I then rang front desk and was informed quite bluntly that there were now no fridges available as a client had extended their hire. I proceeded to tell reception that I was a diabetic and my insulin had to be kept in the fridge at all times - and of course that I had pre ordered and confirmed the fridge prior to (not to mention at check in was told it was availible). I believe under the circumstances they should have tried to rectify the situation - it wasn't for alcoholic beveradges or snacks after all. I was then told they could bring me up a bucket of ice. If this was the best they could do, I would have to accept it. An hour passed and no one came up - by this stage I was quite irate. I'm not the type of person to ring up and abuse or demand at hotels - but this was the final straw. When I rang to ask where the bucket of ice was I was told rudely that I could go get it myself from another floor!! If I had known I could get it all along I would have - well after all this I went to get it myself and low and behold the ice machine didnt work! Luckily I ran into a more helpful staff member there and he brought a bucket up to my room. It seemed the service staff (except reception) were the helpful people in the place.
This may seem like a stupid situation for some people - but when my health could possibly be affected by poor service from a hotel - I was genuinely distressed and upset.
This situation tarnished what could have been a pleasant stay at this hotel.

On a positive note - the location is perfect (especially if you like to shop, go out to restaurants or check out a film at the cinema)

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank MelbNYC
Reviewed 16 January 2010

My boyfriend and I went to visit my sister in Toronto but we didn't want to stay in her house so we booked a room in Bond Place Hotel for 60$ a night only (through Easy Click web site) and it was excellent, much more than we ever expected for this price!! Though its 3 stars rated I would think it is 4 stars. It is very clean, very pretty, tidy and well set. The service was as well excellent. I would like to recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple