Novotel Toronto Centre
US$246
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
2,295 results
All reviewslawrence marketold spaghetti factoryunion stationgreat locationcafe nicolecn towersony centrehockey hall of famedistillery districtwalking distanceair canada centreparking garagedirectly across the streetbars and restaurantsbreakfast buffetroom keyyonge street
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Nice hotel with great looking lobby but bathroom in our room needed updating.. We also had a small issue with cleaning lady but staff took care of us right away.. Hotel is close to public transportation, pubs/eateries, and the St Laurence Market. Would probably use them again if in the area.

Room Tip: My room had a small refrigerator
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2015

I needed a quick overnight in Toronto that was close to the Sony Centre. Knowing the typical Novotel quality, I booked the hotel despite reading negative reviews about the hotel and good reviews about the restaurant for breakfast. My experience was the opposite. The room, although in need of a complete renovation, was clean and the bedding was fresh. The restaurant was a disaster for a Sunday morning. We waited 7 or 8 minutes for the only waitress to appear. Although she was visibly sick - she was polite. We both ordered off the menu as opposed to taking the buffet (it looked very nice). I ordered the scrambled eggs and they just tasted very unusual - cannot quite describe it. I proceeded to eat anyway because we were in a bit of a hurry to leave. When asked by the waitress, I told her my opinion of the eggs. As someone else just ordered the eggs, she asked them. The other woman also reported the same of the eggs. Apparently the chef admitted to trying something "different" by using boiled eggs? At any rate, neither of us were offered a new dish and the price was not deducted from the bill. Upon checkout I was asked and I explained my experience. Again - poor customer service. The hotel was very inexpensive, but the breakfast was not. I guess it all averages out in the end!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
GM-Janak, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are sorry about your experience in our restaurant, and sincerely apologize. It is through comments such as yours that we continue to improve our service and quality. Your comments about your meal have promptly been shared with our Food and Beverage team.

Reviewed 30 November 2015

We have stayed here in the past and spent three days this past weekend. The hotel has stepped up their game by renovating the main lobby and the rooms are spacious and comfortable as usual. It's a short walk to Yonge street, the CN tower and Rogers Center. There are also great English pub-style restaurants immediately in front.
We also had the special with breakfast included, which was generous with a wide variety in a dining room atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
GM-Janak, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2015

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

I have spent several times in this hotel, so know it quite well. Novotel Toronto Center is in really good location. And I mean in really really good location. That is one of the best parts of the hotel. Hotel is a bit run down and needs serious make over, like Extreme Makeover - Home Edition. If you get room in high floor (5-9) the street noise is not a problem. In lower levels, especially at level 2 it is basically like sleeping in night club. People from the bars across the hotel comes out to street for smoke and the noise is constant. But the high floors are actually pretty quiet. Also higher your room is located, also the condition of the rooms gets a bit better. Staff is always nice and friendly and breakfast is standard hotel breakfast meaning it does it job filling you up. On my last visit to Novotel I saw couple cockroaches so you might want to keep you luggage shut while staying there. The location of the hotel is so good that it covers some of the shortcomings. For the current room rate you get pretty good deal for decent Toronto downtown hotel.

Room Tip: Select high floor rooms due to street noise
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
GM-Janak, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2015

While we appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel and its central location and friendly team, we are utterly appalled that you may have seen cockroaches while staying with us. We were not alerted to any cockroaches, so we are disappointed we could not have the opportunity to do anything about the issue. We have strict pest control regulations at the hotel which are duly followed. We'd very much appreciate you contacting us so we can discuss your stay and experience in further detail. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

I recently stayed for two nights at this hotel. The trip left lots to be desired. The location was a highlight, as it was centrally located within walking distance of many establishments. We stayed ini a room with two queen beds and found them both to be very comfortable.

However, a summary of the lowlights:
-slow check-in/service
-key cards that stopped working, resulting in an additional long wait at the front desk
-noisy (definitely seemed like a party hotel). The noise came both from the hallways and from adjacent rooms
-no sheets on the beds, and none provided in room as stated in their promotional material
-vending machine was out of service
-lobby is the only part of the hotel which is updated. The remainder is shabby, rundown, and appears cheap
-hair dryer stopped working for 5 minutes three times before giving up
-the complimentary wifi was one of the reasons we chose this hotel, and it was spotty at best. We were often unable to connect, even when trying multiple devices

I would not stay at the hotel again, and it has clouded my opinion of the Novotel chain.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Emily M
GM-Janak, Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2015

Hi Emily - We're very sorry that our central location was, unfortunately, our only highlight for you on this occasion. We certainly value all guest feedback, and will certainly share your review with appropriate personnel.