Novotel Toronto Centre
US$272
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
2,294 results
All reviewslawrence marketold spaghetti factoryunion stationgreat locationcafe nicolecn towersony centrehockey hall of famedistillery districtwalking distanceair canada centreparking garagedirectly across the streetbars and restaurantsbreakfast buffetroom keyyonge street
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ok so should be a good hotel however..... they do not tell you the hotel is being renovated. I checked in OK, very friendly staff. Room 804.... nice enough looking newly renovated room..? Until I start unpacking and notice there is nowhere to hang my clothes. Obviously the hotel person signing off on the renovations is not checking... no hang space installed in the room. I phone the front desk.... they don’t believe me and send up a person with hangers. I invite him in, smiling, asking him to please hang the hangers for me... confusion there is no hanging space... yes. Phoned front desk again, now they believe me and ask that I come down to the front desk to change the rooms. Room changed to 229. Old and moldy but OK. Halfway unpacked the phone rings... sorry sir we have yo move you there is no working TV in your room, deep breath..sigh OK. They come to me this time with the key. Very friendly apologetic. At the lift, I assume the duty manager, shows up but does not greet me and barks at the front desk person that 229 is fine. Here is where I start losing patience a bit.... told him he is wasting my time. So he just ignores me and leaves. OK so now I head up to room 904. Plastic on carpets in the hall... dusty. Room 904.... newly renovated as well and viola a hang space for my clothing. BUT... no chair in the room, no inside handle on one bathroom door, sharp screws protruding door hinge pins not properly installed. Bathroom door missing melamine strips, It will swell from moisture quickly. Vent cover screw not properly installed. And MUCH more. Obviously a POOR contractor performing the renovations and the Hotel person signing off on these rooms must have an eye problem.

I will stay the one booked night, no choice. But will not recommend this hotel. Even when the renovations are done the finishing is so poor it will deteriorate quickly.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank BB45Brits
Reviewed 10 April 2018

I booked this hotel for a night away in the city. I originally booked a room with 2 queen beds. The hotel contacted me a few days before my visit to apologize that my room was still under renovations and was not available. They then offered me an upgrade to a king room with a portable bed, or an extra king room at no charge. Of course I took the extra room. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly. They take great pride in talking about all the renovations being done to the hotel. This is an amazing hotel right in the middle of everything, close to the ACC, Rogers, CN tower, etc. I can't wait to return and stay once the renovations are done. It will be spectacular.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank North-of-Barrie
NovotelMgr, Front Office Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Toronto Centre.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and knowing that we were able to provide a satisfactory solution even though we could not provide the room type you reserved is double the pleasure. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

My first time down at this hotel usually stay at the Sheraton Center but the price was the drawing card this time. Had a new renovated room king,first in Wow this is different, laminated wood floors, nice colours large washroom very well lit, trendy look about the room.
Now for the other half, lack of carpet gave it a cold feeling not that warm comfy feeling. There was lack of storage only two drawers for clothes, my wife needs four.no bed night drawers.Large room and could have used more furniture, no couch, had two chairs. Enjoyed the in house restaurant, location great for other bars and restaurants.
In room lighting issue not resolved but managed.Had night reading lights on each side of bed nice touch. Will return at the right price again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear James,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we are delighted you enjoyed our new rooms. I will share your comments with our team. We could not agree more on the cold feeling due to lack of carpet, area rugs have been ordered as well as pull out couches! We are also adding another shelf in the open concept closet, as we realize the drawers are not sufficient for some travelers.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Me, my fiancee and our boy stayed here for four nights. The hotel is very well placed and only a short walk from Union Station.

There is a general store next door to the hotel and some bars and restaurants on the street. The hockey hall of fame, CN Tower, Ripleys aquarium and Rogers Centre are all within a 15 minute walk away.

The Novotel was undergoing renovation whilst we were there some facilities were unavailable or moved. This did not spoil our stay one bit. The rooms were brand new, very clean, comfortable and spacious. There was a large shower, huge tv, free wifi, coffee maker, safe and refrigerator.

The staff in the hotel were polite and helpful. The hotel is secure as you cant go up in the elevator unless you have a room key, so nobody sneaking in at this hotel.

We paid about £1,500 for the three of us which was for return flights and two rooms. We originally only had one room booked but due to the renovation we got an extra room at no charge.

All in all a great value hotel in a good spot. I'd be happy to stay there again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Rich,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. We are delighted you found so many things during your stay despite the inconvenience caused by renovations. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Friendly and helpful staff quickly get you to your room. Most rooms are dated in terms of design, but the hotel is upgrading the rooms decor now. Amenities are standard to this grade of hotel. Without a doubt the Air Canada Centre is very close, so is the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts Centre and as is the St Lawrence Centre for the Arts.

Room Tip: Upper floor executive/king room floors are quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M

Dear John,

We are delighted you found the location convinient. The remodel is nearly completed, we can not wait to have a fully renovated hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be soon, as we would love to accommodate you in one of our beautiful new rooms.