“Gorgeous Room”
Review of Windsor Arms Hotel

Windsor Arms Hotel
Ranked #44 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I have been staying at this wonderful hotel on several visits to Toronto. I think my first stay here was in 2003. I love the feeling of home that is inherent with every suite in a different layout but always well appointed. The welcome on arrival is professional and pleasant — attentive. The rooms have all been renovated this past year and the transformation shows in the attention to detail and quality. Everything in the suite seems designed for maximum comfort and convenience. Every suite that I have tried have jacuzzi and large spa-type bathroom. The music plays in every room of the suite. My stay again is for two full weeks duration and it's truly the next best thing to being home.

Room Tip: It's a small hotel. I think there are 28 suites here. I have stayed in several different units a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I've stayed at the Windsor Arms many times with my husband, my daughter and with extended family. On this occasion, my daughter and I decided to spend the weekend downtown.

As always, the Windsor Arms offered impeccable and friendly service from the doorman to the front desk staff to the restaurant and bar staff.

Comfortable beds, chic decor, cool bar.

Excellent location for Bloor St. and Yorkville shopping.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I recently stayed in a suite at the Windsor Arms Hotel, which is the most comfortable and luxuriously understated hotel room I have ever stayed in. Everything worked beautifully -- the jacuzzi, the sound system, the wireless internet, and the staff were attentive.

I love the "Russian Tea Room" -- red walls, gilt framed photographs of Nicholas II and his family, beautiful china -- although I did not get a chance to take afternoon tea there.

The location for high end shopping could not be better -- Escada is across the street, Holt Renfrew a block or two away.

Two small criticisms-- the the breakfast buffet was in a dark room, and I felt the waiters were much more attentive to middle-aged male guests in suits, than to this middle-aged woman guest in jeans.

And on leaving, the bellhop and manager summonsed a cab to take me to the airport. There was a "transaction" between the taxi driver and the manager -- which I subsequently learned from the taxi driver was the hotel bellhop demanding a $5 kickback for the fare to the airport. Pretty sleazy for a hotel that charges top prices and caters to the "elite".

Room Tip: 304 is a lovely suite, on the corner of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed at the Windsor Arms over the weekend and right from the first experience with the doorman and valet parking; we knew this hotel would be perfect. The check-in was very quick and we were on our way to our room in under 5 minutes. The ambionce of this hotel is very special. Everything was very clean and well maintained. We had breakfast in the hotel and it was scrumptious!

I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family and we definitely return for another stay! Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We had the opportunity to stay at Windsor Arms for 3 nights as we were in town visiting family and friends. It was great from the very start.

Greeted at the Front Desk by a knowledgeable concierge who got us checked in within seconds as the Hotel Butler waited to take me up to my suite. I booked one of the mid size suites, the Deluxe. It was very spacious and furnished like a real upscale home. It even had a guitar in it. The Spa services and the salt water pool were a nice amenity. The staff were all very courteous and were able to assist me with all of my requests. The location is amazing; just off the best street in Toronto with all the fashion and entertainment you could possibly ever want.

Without a doubt, Windsor Arms is a great Hotel and I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple