Howard Johnson Inn Toronto Downtown West
Orbitz.com
US$294
US$232
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 February 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2018

The room was probably about 30 degrees celcius or more and the floor was hot to touch. There was no way to turn down the heat inside the room. The window was wide open when we arrived but not helping and had no screen. We ended up turning the AC up to try and help the room cool down.

Additionally the room was tiny, terribly designed dirty and smelled. It did not appear that the room had been cleaned prior to our check in. Also when we tried to call down to the office to ask how to turn down the heat we realized the didn't work.

We went downstairs and asked the desk staff about the heat and they indicated it was controlled there. He then didn't look away from us pressed a "button" and said it should be better soon.

We then went out for 3 hours to dinner. Upon our return the room was still just as hot and just as unsafe. We determined that there was no point in staying as we didn't feel comfortable and knew it would be an awful night. We instead paid for a room we couldn't use and then drove another 1.5 hours home instead.

Additionally when we connected with the hotel after they argued with us about our reservation (despite us clearly checking back out the night of) and said it was too bad we had an awful stay but there was nothing they could do about it.

Room Tip: Don't book here! Find a better hotel
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa K
Reviewed 2 January 2018

My room was filthy and freezing cold when we walked in. When I asked for another room or new bedding, I was handed ONE fitted sheet and ONE top sheet for two beds and no blankets, the new sheets were filthier than the ones replaced.
Poor customer service, terrible cleanliness and not worth even half of what I paid for.
We did not stay the night, we drove home.
I intend to reach a manager until I am refunded my money.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank T1013SEnancyd
Reviewed 20 December 2017

As a disabled person I was stunned to find out that the only parking being offered was a ramp two blocks away. When looking at the pictures provided by the website it does not accurately show the location, it shows the building but omits the fact that it is basically on an island with the rail yard surrounding it. Tracks, rail cars and parking only designated for workers of the transit system surround the building and one spot, seriously one spot, was offered when I stressed my mobility issues and even then an extra fee for parking on the sidewalk next to our accommodations was required. Even the lot being recommended had a substantial fee associated with it, I may not be a world traveler but I have stayed in enough hotels where I can say this is the first time I've been charged to park where I stayed. Also it's important for me to say that when you book your room at this hotel the website shows a picture of the downtown Center Howard Johnsons and although it was my responsibility to check further I think that if you're showing a picture of a particular lodging that's what you should expect, not looking at a steak and getting tofu.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple