All reviews gay village violet room apartment suite b bs main floor a great place to stay subway downtown university
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed for three nights here and felt very at home. The room was comfortable, spacious and clean and the Inn has an excellent location - close to shops and restaurants and only a 5 minute walk to the nearest subway.
The host James was very friendly and very helpful. The self-service breakfast was excellent too - lots of variety and very satisfying!
Would stay here again.

1  Thank Poddingtons2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed three nights and wish I could have stayed longer. As soon as I arrived I felt at home, and very much enjoyed my room - just like on the picture, spatious and very confortable. Very good location and excellent value - I'll definitely come back next time I am in Toronto.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Alex S
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at the Downtown Home Inn while attending a conference at the nearby U of Toronto. The location was excellent for my purposes: a 10-minute walk to the university, close to shops and restaurants, just a block and a half from the subway stop. The room was clean and comfortable--exactly as pictured and advertised. The shared bathroom was small but clean. As others have said, this isn't the place to stay if you have problems with stairs: you have to go up 5-6 just to enter the building, and then all the rooms are up or down narrow flights. I liked being able to get my own breakfast ready from the vast assortment of cereals, breads, fruits, yogurts, etc. and eating on my own timeline. The only two (minor) drawbacks are these: (1) I desperately wanted to wash my feet after a day of walking here and there in sandals on Toronto's dusty, construction-filled streets, but there is only a shower, no bath, and my towelling didn't include a washcloth, so rinsing off my feet only was difficult. I managed, but it was tricky. (2) There was no a/c, so I kept my window open a bit, but there's a moderate amount of nightlife on the street, including an adjacent restaurant with the patio right under the rooms, so it was a bit noisy. But that said, if one is staying downtown, one should expect a bit of noise.

Room tip: The Lily room is at the top of the first flight of stairs and right beside the bathroom. Very good for a single traveller.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank CarletonTravellor
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Nestled on a quiet, little street in the Church-Weselley neighborhood of TO, this lovely B & B provides exactly what one desires: a clean and comfortable room at an affordable price. We stayed in the third floor room that had the bonus of an outdoor deck and enjoyed the extra space it provided. James is very friendly and accomodating; he arranged a parking permit for our car on the street across the road. We love the neighborhood and will definitely return for another restful stay at the Inn during our next visit.

Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank RIS
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Perfect location for any recreational trip to Toronto. Situated near downtown shopping and great concert venues. Comfortable room and easy access to stocked kitchen for breakfast, a great alternative to any hotel experience! Well managed. We will definitely plan on returning!

Date of stay: May 2014