“Meh”

Neighbourhood: North End
Cross street: Yonge & Broadway
Transit: Yonge & Eglinton Station
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We had a groupon for a 3 course meal, so thought we would give it a go...
Food was average. Exceptionally average. If I had paid full price, I would have been very disappointed.
The ambiance was also disappointing. There was no live music during dinner service. We left around 915 and it looked like a band might be arriving to set up. I found this to be rather odd for a Friday night. Additionally, there were sports on every tv (isn't this a jazz club?!?), and there were several large, rowdy tables of 10+ mixed in the the smaller tables of 2... not a very intimate setting.
Also, our bill arrived with a 18%gratuity already added. I wasn't pleased about this. We didn't order drinks, the food and service were adequate but I felt that an 18% tip was over the top for a table of two!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

It was Summerlicious...so we went to enjoy some good Mediterranean fare at a great local jazz bar/restaurant tonight and the food was decent enough... But there is much to be said about the underhanded tactics of our waitress who not only presented me with a 15% tip INCLUDED bill without letting me know...and then allowed me to punch in the tip AGAIN when I unwittingly/reflexively was given the machine, ON TOP OF of that!

The including of tip (for a party of TWO!) is nowhere listed anywhere or on the menus, and since they have a shared team who brings your food and we didn't drink anything, the underhanded server had the gall to generously and slyly tip herself for bringing us WATER?!

The waitress not only didn't try to correct my error of double gratuity payment in her pocket, but left it to me to bring it ME to the attention of the owner afterwards, who instead of reversing the transaction, only offered to refund us the difference in over-payment of said tip. It was only a party of myself and my spouse, not SIX or more, as then gratuity would be expected to be included/disclosed... Does this sound kosher to anybody?

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Have been here for drinks and dancing numerous times and always have an amazing time. Decided to come for dinner one evening and was a bit disappointed. Food was not s good as I had hoped and I found my pasta overly salty.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I ate dinner at Alley Catz last night for Summerlicious & the beef short ribs were cooked to perfection! The sweet potato mash & vegetables were also delicious. I'll definitely return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Read some of the reviews and not sure how they go to that, however, every time I have visited the food has been amazing! The orgasmic penne pasta is to die for! The drinks are plentiful and varied and the crowd is mixed and there is always something to do, or dance to as their is live music. I def. do recommend. I found the service very friendly and accomodating. It's all in the approach and how you see things. I see that they do a great job!