“Absolutely terrible”

Neighbourhood: North End
Cross street: Yonge & Broadway
Transit: Yonge & Eglinton Station
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

This place was absolutely terrible. The food was awful (meat undercooked and the starter (shrimp salad) and dessert (cheesecake) were plain disgusting). The portions were pitifully small given that we spent nearly $100 for two people. The service was abysmal and they include the tip into the bill so the servers have no real incentive to improve. Finally, the music and ambiance were forgetful at best. Your money is better spent elsewhere.

1  Thank Shameez R

Reviewed 30 July 2017

It's a great place to listen to some jazz and dance but not so much for dining. We came for Summerlicious and our first impression was that it's just messy. It's got a certain character but the service was very scattered and the food was just meh. Would try again to give the food another chance just for the great music.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We had a groupon for a 3 course meal, so thought we would give it a go...
Food was average. Exceptionally average. If I had paid full price, I would have been very disappointed.
The ambiance was also disappointing. There was no live music during dinner service. We left around 915 and it looked like a band might be arriving to set up. I found this to be rather odd for a Friday night. Additionally, there were sports on every tv (isn't this a jazz club?!?), and there were several large, rowdy tables of 10+ mixed in the the smaller tables of 2... not a very intimate setting.
Also, our bill arrived with a 18%gratuity already added. I wasn't pleased about this. We didn't order drinks, the food and service were adequate but I felt that an 18% tip was over the top for a table of two!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

It was Summerlicious...so we went to enjoy some good Mediterranean fare at a great local jazz bar/restaurant tonight and the food was decent enough... But there is much to be said about the underhanded tactics of our waitress who not only presented me with a 15% tip INCLUDED bill without letting me know...and then allowed me to punch in the tip AGAIN when I unwittingly/reflexively was given the machine, ON TOP OF of that!

The including of tip (for a party of TWO!) is nowhere listed anywhere or on the menus, and since they have a shared team who brings your food and we didn't drink anything, the underhanded server had the gall to generously and slyly tip herself for bringing us WATER?!

The waitress not only didn't try to correct my error of double gratuity payment in her pocket, but left it to me to bring it ME to the attention of the owner afterwards, who instead of reversing the transaction, only offered to refund us the difference in over-payment of said tip. It was only a party of myself and my spouse, not SIX or more, as then gratuity would be expected to be included/disclosed... Does this sound kosher to anybody?

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Have been here for drinks and dancing numerous times and always have an amazing time. Decided to come for dinner one evening and was a bit disappointed. Food was not s good as I had hoped and I found my pasta overly salty.