“Good food, a bit pricey”
Review of Salt

Salt
Reserve with OpenTable
Salt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #397 of 9,121 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Dundas street
Reviewed 28 September 2014

Most of the dishes are meant for sharing, but the portions are not large...it would take 4-6 dishes per couple, which would translate to $60-80 or so. A good meal would cost more than that, but these are really just tasting menu items. The food, however was excellent, especially the gnocchi. If you like Pinot noir, I recommend the Rodney Strong.

Salt can be very loud, and conversations are challenging. In a group setting, it's not ideal...for couples, it might be okay.

1  Thank Recon905

Reviewed 8 September 2014

With my usual haunts all booked for TIFF, I ventured a little further and saw some good reviews for Salt Wine Bar. Nestled at the top of the Ossington strip where there a many excellent choices, Salt more than met my expectations. A good, ample, but not extensive menu was filled with unique tapas options. We ordered in two waves - appetizers and main and both were served quickly. I'm a fan of Tapas style food and service. All were good but the Kale salad and the Crositini were excellent. The only issue was the service, while attentive and timely the waitress did not appear to know much about the wine or cocktails and as the walls of this establishment are floor to ceiling wine bottles that should be an absolute staff requirement. Regardless, I expect to be back.

1  Thank ByrenToronto
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Although most of our food was good, it was not excellent. The paella tasted like Uncle Ben's rice, which was highly disappointing. The service was good, although they did not have any of the cocktails available that were listed on the on-line menu. Atmosphere was very nice and was a pleasant meal overall. Quite pricey too...

1  Thank chicotheanteater
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Salt was great! I really enjoyed the warm atmosphere and decor. Tapas style menu, we had 4 dishes amongst the 2 of us and were very fulfilled. Portion size is perfect! We were impressed at how attentive the waiters including bartenders were throughout dinner. They all worked as a team and really provided us an outstanding experience on a bustling Friday night. I would recommend this restaurant for date night and looking forward to going back.

1  Thank 0724
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I arrived quite early for our reservation. The bartender was welcoming, as well as informative and entertaining.
Dave our waiter couldn't have been more attentive.
The food was fabulous. It was plated so beautifully and it was only surpassed by the taste.
The four of us agreed we will be back.
Congratulations