“Food is average at best”
Review of Estiatorio VOLOS

Estiatorio VOLOS
Reserve with OpenTable
Estiatorio VOLOS is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 8,856 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$16 - US$31
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: York Street
Transit: VOLOS IS LOCATED AT 133 RICHMOND STREET W AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF YORK & RICHMOND. SUBWAY: Osgoode Station (Volos is 1 block south & 1 block east) and Queen Station (Volos is 1 block south & 2 blocks west). STREETCAR: Exit at York Street from either Queen Street (Volos is 1 block south) or King Street (Volos is 2 blocks north)
Description: Fresh, healthy flavours and emphasis on beautiful presentation please both the appetite and eyes at Volos. Modern twists on traditional Greek dishes and Greek twists on local Canadian ingredients create a contemporary culinary experience rooted in authenticity. The restaurant sources the highest quality local produce, superior quality cuts of meat and the best fish, delivered daily. Like the menu, the interior plays with different Greek elements and motifs. Natural wood and stone combined with artful and ambient lighting lend a seductive and comfortable atmosphere.We invite you to enjoy the Volos experience.For groups larger than 8 guests, please call (416) 861-1211.
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

I've dined here on two occasions, both times have been a disappointment. I'm half Greek and the food is bland and they overuse vinegar. I would not waste time and money here, if you are looking for a good Greek restaurant there are plenty of others, particularly around the Danforth area.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My dining experience has always been a delight and pleasure. The food is delicious the ambiance is beautiful and the customer service is exceptional. I have never been disappointed and my friends love my choice of Estiatorio VOLOS

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I am Greek so this is my take on the restaurant. The food is very good and there is clearly effort here with good quality ingredients which I respect. I ordered an octopus starter and greek salad which costed more than $30, an outrageous amount. Nevertheless my understanding is that the restaurant targets a more high end clientele which explains some of the pricing. I will be returning but my only because I am homesick and these guys do good food

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Each course was amazing--Greek salad and Arugula salad to start, seabass and moussaka as mains and desserts (chocolate mousse and figs with yogurt). Great wine list with more Greek wines than I've ever seen on a menu. We sat at the bar and the service from the bartender was excellent. A fabulous meal in a great setting.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This was a lovely dinner! Decor, wait staff, food selection, quality and timeliness were outstanding. Truly, I felt like we were in Europe. The Summerlicious Menu was an excellent value. We had the watermelon salad, shrimp saganaki, sea bass, baklava and gluten free chocolate cake along with an amazing red Greek wine.