“Convenient location”

Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Description: Get the proper pub experience. We balance Irish-inspired dishes and North American classics. We’ve perfected the pub staple, Fish & Chips, and make our pies and pastry in-Pub. Try our fresh burgers like the legendary Guinness® Burger, with your pint of Guinness® of course!
Reviewed 12 August 2017

There are mixed reviews for this place and I can understand why. Their location is ideal for any event going on at the Rogers Center, or for any event that takes you to Front St.
I wasn't expecting the food to be stellar as it's one of those restaurants that has a 40 page menu and the only Irish food it offers covers 5 or 6 items. I'll never understand places that do this. If you want to be and Irish or English "pub" don't serve items like chicken and waffles. Pick a country or region.
Despite that the food was just ok, nothing awful, just ok. Typical processed "pub" food. The service was pretty good considering the Jays game just let out and it is the closest restaurant other than a Boston Pizza directly on the corner. We were happy with our food and the service and not much more can be said. I wouldn't rush here as a first choice for lunch or dinner but if you want a bite after a game it'll do.
One thing I don't understand is the security guy standing in the front door. MAYBE necessary for the evening crowd (rowdy drunks from the ball game?) but at 3:30 in the afternoon I can't imagine why he's needed. Not to mention he just stood in the way looking rather obnoxious. Not an inviting way to visit an eating establishment.

1  Thank TLB05

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Horrible. Sat on the worst patio in all of Toronto. Loud fans blowing grease on the entire place. And absolutely everything jerk security guys who felt the need to tell us not to sit in the aisle of the patio when no one else was actually on the patio.

Avoid this place.

Jerks and terrible. Jerks. Grease fans for you.
Blah

1  Thank Vaugman
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Steak my husband order was chewy and no seasoning very bland. My was very good. Atmosphere excellent and almost across the street from the cn tower

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Ate here before the Jays game and all I will say is that the food was terrible but our waiter was very pleasant, friendly and prompt. Without his service level I would have given Fionns a VERY POOR rating.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Great beer. Good daily specials. The fish and chips were great. Service was good too. I would eat here again!