“The perfect place for a romantic night out”

Michael's on Simcoe
Ranked #29 of 9,002 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Adelaide
Transit: King st streetcar #504 Stop at Simcoe st and walk north one block Yonge / University subway line One block west of St.Andrew station
Description: A steakhouse with an Italian twist. Michael's On Simcoe playfully combines the best of contemporary cuisine, featuring USDA prime steak, fresh seafood and authentic homemade pastas. Classic cocktails are re-invented to tantalize your taste buds and our extensive wine list will tempt even those with the most discerning taste. Conveniently located in the heart of the Financial and Entertainment districts, Michael's on Simcoe brings new life to one of the most energetic districts in downtown Toronto. This restaurant breaks down the barriers of a traditional steakhouse by challenging the overly masculine ambience that has long been the trademark of its genre.
Reviewed 30 May 2016

We were a group of 8 having dinner day to celebrate a birthday party. Italian food of good quality, the selection for vegetarians is quite limited, still you can find some good options among the appetizers. The lights are very soft, so it makes it the perfect restaurants for romantic dates! The music they put on also, chill out, also played its part in making a perfect night out for dinner.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

We dined for a friends 40th birthday party, looking at Michael's menu I was pretty skeptical. I am extremely picky, I enjoy plain foods so I was sure I was gonna starve all night but I couldn't be more wrong. We were greeted at the door after being an hour late for our reservations, they were very understanding and our table was ready. We sat down and we had an amazing waiter, I forget his name though was server #1. He was so attentive and made some great recommendations. We received kind of an app sample, it included three things a sample caesar salad, a cheese breaded thing, and baby tomatoes with cheese. Everything was great, best caesar ever. After the group had a sample of the Koby beef, it melted in your mouth. Cooked to perfection, I am not a huge streak lover but it was so soft. I ordered the CLASSIC BOLOGNESE omg so good! like I said I am pretty basic and this was perfect, the egg noodles were cooked perfectly and the portion was massive. People I see on the reviews complain about the price but the portions you are getting are big. This is not the type of fancy restaurant were you get rabbit food and you leave starving. My husband got the SURF & TURF and was very pleased. My cocktail was not the greatest, I asked for a sweet cocktail and received a sour but my waiter then got me the proper cocktail and was gracious, as I would of sucked it up and drank it without complaining. After we moved into the lounge, kinda expensive for drinks. It is more suited I think for couples to sit and chat. We opted to stay as it was already late. One of the bartenders was kinda snotty, not friendly at all. The others were excellent and made tasty drinks. The lounge ( bar) was pretty dead so we basically had the area to yourself. Now ladies.. this is the most exciting place of the evening " the bathroom"!!! OMG they have a Bidet, sorry but this is pretty exciting. So guys if your girl is taking long in the bathroom you know why. Overall great place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

In town for 3 nights and came twice! This place is so good. I travel a lot and from the steak to the pasta, it all is so good I deserve to eat it!
The team is helpful but Michael is the key, attentive, great recommendations on wine and you can tell love what he does. California and Texas love you!

Reviewed 30 April 2016

visited here for dinner with friends on the spur of the moment. not busy at all.
was shocked at the prices for the food. service was very prompt to the point of being annoying. especially the commentary of the wait staff. appeared to be trying too hard.
the food wasn't overly tasty and not really worth the price. décor was pleasant but nothing special. would be much greater value at swiss chalet, quite frankly.

3  Thank boxsterbenz
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

What an awful experience...

First off, they didn't give us our table until 30 minutes after our reservation time. Nothing offered but an insincere apology. While my girlfriend and I were sipping on our drinks at the bar waiting for our table, we noticed something crawling by the patron next to us. All 3 of us gasped because it was a small cockroach. The Bartender grabbed the cockroach and shrugged it off as if it was nothing. The customer next to us lost her appetite and didn't finish her steak, again bartender offered nothing other than to move her to the end of the bar or to a table.

Food was mediocre at best, our Server was busy so he barely checked in on us. The dessert was so bad taste wise and presentation, he even agreed and switched it out for me right away. Oh and did I mention the bubbly I ordered was flat.

When we flagged the Server down after we paid just to share our experience with him, he was so in genuine and agreed with our sentiments that the restaurant has its downfalls. He made a comment beyond my believe which was "it's okay, cockroaches are normal at restaurant, it's not a health and safety issue." WOW!!! I worked in the food industry for 18 years, cockroaches are NOT normal and you can get shut down!!!

Icing on top was, as we stood up to leave, another Server accidentally dropped a whole bucket of wine bucket and splashed on us. What a regrettable experience, waste of money, time and my stomach.

3  Thank Mary L