“Excellent King Crab and Lobster ”

Fishman Lobster Clubhouse Restaurant
Ranked #318 of 9,176 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I really like the way they cook the King Crab and Lobster. It is just right not over cooked like most of the restaurant. Even though it is deep fry but is not greasy and the cooking time is prefect. The seafood is so fresh and remain the great original taste. We ordered 4 persons set dinner approx C$400 which included the king crab and Lobster, veggies and fry rice which I thought is the best dinner combination. There was plenty of food for us or even for 6 people. If you are ready for a big enjoyable meal go for it. I love it.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Heard quite a few negative comments on this restaurant since its opening-mostly about being too pricey and bad service, and that has been holding me back from visiting it so far. Finally, went there a couple of days ago and to my surprise, everything was unexpectedly good. Alaskan king crab and huge lobster are not pricey at all and even a bit cheaper than most other chinese restaurants that I used to visit. Ordering a combo meal is better than ordering them separately. Quality of crab and lobster is excellent and good cooking skill makes them so delicious. May be we were lucky that night, the lady serving us that evening was so friendly and patient, so much better than most chinese restaurants, especially those so called "high-end". Although decoration is not super grand, but the atmosphere is just right for having a warm cozy meal. Heard they will be moving to a new location much bigger than their current one. Hope they can keep up with their tasty food and good service, both of which are main elements for a successful restaurant.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

My family and I always enjoy meals here. We always come on empty bellies since we know we will be eating a lot of yummy, fresh seafood! Their lunch specials are definitely a good deal. You cannot substitute any items, but the lunch menu has everything you want/need for the meal. For the 4 of us, we got the house soup to start, followed by a 5-5.5lb lobster - cooked/fried with lots of garlic, onion, tiny fishies. We got a fresh steamed bass, and a plate of snow pea tips with goji berries. Plenty of food for 4 people, we even had to take some of the lobster to go. The quality of their food never disappoints and there's always a line.
**Remember to reserve a table ahead of time!

1  Thank MrsLyons0420
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant provides an amazing, spectacular experience. It's crowded - be sure to have reservations.
I've never seen such enormous crabs and lobsters, and before they are cooked, they are brought to the table and you can have your picture taken while holding them.
The various dinners come in various courses. Our first course was corn soup followed by an impressive stack of lightly breaded crab legs. Fabulous! On and on it went. Perhaps the vegetable course could have been better.
Two of our group preferred Fishman to Sushi Kaji, which is my favourite restaurant in Toronto. Highly recommended for an unusual treat

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I have been here twice and the lobster and crab dishes were fantastic. If ordering king crab, make sure you tell them to bring that out first because the lobster dishes are so flavourful that it will mask the subtle taste of the steamed king crab. I prefer lobster over king crab. The hong kong style is spicier than the garlic. Both are fried, but there is another way they prepare lobster (not deep fried) using maggi based sauce stirfried...that was my fav. Expect to spend $800-1000 for 10-12 ppl for a 8 course meal. You will leave with doggy bags for sure. Tipping is 10% and cash only is accepted. Reservations are accepted but weeks in advance...tips automatically included with large reservations