“The food was…. Meh; the service was bad”

Bindia Indian Bistro
Ranked #85 of 9,170 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Modern Indian cuisine focusing on quality fresh ingridients without compromising the sumptuous flavours that are the essence of Indian food. At Bindia, we serve incredible Indian dishes within a modern restaurant design that pays homage to India's rich cultural history, but is definitely focused on the future. From Coconut Calamari and Tandoori Jumbo Prawns to Lamb Tikka and Butter Chicken, come experience a whole new world of tasty combinations. We also have many delicious vegetarian selections, and amazing house-made desserts.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I checked the good reviews and sincerely expected more.

I arrived on a Saturday around 2:30 PM, so there were very few customers (when I sat down only one table and after they took my order a family arrived).

The food didn’t impress me, but wasn’t bad either.

I asked for Indian spicy hot (NOT Canadian hot), but seems my request was ignored.
I usually don’t correct my food order (unless I know the chef or owner), because I am afraid someone will share their saliva with the replaced dish.

I considered the service BAD, because:

1) They took my order (I asked for nan, NO rice). After 5 minutes the server came back to confirm and asked: Rice, right?
2) After refusing it, a different server actually brought rice, so had to explain a second time that I only wanted nan.
3) I dropped my fork, and although it generated a loud sound the servers were “busy” talking to each other (and obviously didn’t notice). I had to interrupt their conversation to ask for a fork replacement. I would understand if the place was full, but I didn’t appreciate the lack of interest.

Perhaps it was my expectations, or the wrong day/time but I can’t recommend this restaurant.

Ana Patricia B, Public Relations Manager at Bindia Indian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi Alejandro, thank you for your visit and feedback. We are terribly sorry for the lack luster experience. Bindia would never do anything terrible to anyone's food for complaining about it. Had we known you were not enjoying your experience at the time, we would have done everything possible to fix that right away rather than having you leave unhappy. We appreciate all feedback. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

To all my south asian brothers and sisters and lovers of curry, go to this place if you want to have GOOD Indian food. This place offers spice levels to the highest level so get ready Caucasians! food was well prepared and service was exceptional. however, this place is slightly on the pricey side so come on payday.

Ana Patricia B, Public Relations Manager at Bindia Indian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hello! Thank you for your visit and this excellent review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our spice levels and that our food was well prepared and our service was exceptional! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience in a 5-star review, we appreciate your feedback. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Great Butter Chicken, delicious curry flavours with a little 'kick'. Naan bread is fresh. Staff is friendly and the restaurant has a nice casual atmosphere

Hello! Thanks so much for this excellent review! We're delighted to hear you had an amazing experience at Bindia. We're pleased to hear that our butter chicken and naan bread left a pleasant taste! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience in a 5-star review. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Bindia is right across the way from the St. Lawrence Market. There is an extensive vegetarian menu. Food was well prepared. Service was efficient. Prices are fair.

Ana Patricia B, Public Relations Manager at Bindia Indian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hello Ernest, thank you very much for your visit! We appreciate your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed our extensive vegetarian options, food, service, and prices. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Found this place on line and was not disappointed. It is a quaint restaurant beside the St. Lawrence Market. The food was great. We asked our server for advise and she directed us Coconut fish curry and the Bhindi Masala both very tastie. The service was very good.

I would definitely recommend this if you like Indian food.

Ana Patricia B, Public Relations Manager at Bindia Indian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Hello! Thank you for this excellent review and rating! We work hard to make sure every customer has a great meal and excellent service; so it's great to hear this was your experience and that we were able to make things right with our Coconut fish curry and the Bhindi Masala! Your kind words are sincerely appreciated and we're already looking forward to your next visit.