“Anniversary dinner”
Review of Los Colibris

Los Colibris
Reserve with OpenTable
Los Colibris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 9,241 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Description: Authentic, hand-pressed tortillas with regionally-inspired fillings and a variety of fresh, daily salsas.
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Mexican fine dining at its best where food, service and ambience perfectly blend with each other. My wife and I extremely fond of Mexican cuisine and there was no better place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Our server was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and made us more than comfortable. We ordered flat iron steak with chorizo and tacos and pork piccadillo. Being our anniversary we were offered complimentary dessert which unfortunately we had to resist as we were stuffed to the brim. Our server did the most wonderful gesture by offering us a plate of galletas with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on our plate. In addition he offered me Tromba tequila that really hit the spot. I'd definitely go back to try other entrees that looked fascinating.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Great atmosphere, attentive service and fantastic food!
Best margaritas ever!!!!!
The dishes are the chefs old family recipes. Authentic and delicious.
Great flavours.
Tortillas made fresh.
Guacamole so good!

Reviewed 10 December 2016

We had dinner at Los Colibris with another couple. The decor is nice - long thin room which was nicely appointed. The pork shoulder main course was good, but my husband's fish was not good. He did not enjoy it. They have a special margarita menu, but the drinks were surprisingly bad. I tried two different margaritas and could not finish either one of them. They were odd tasting and not in a good way. The appetizers were good - salmon ceviche was quite tasty. The service was not good. It took quite a while to be seated despite having reservations. Also, we had to ask several times for our drinks order which the waitress seemed to forget. Overall a spotty evening - some good and some bad. We don't feel a need to return.

1  Thank CAM1202
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Went here for dinner with some friends who liked this place. Firstly, it is above a tequila bar with a mediocre sound system that resembles the kind of setup a teenager would put in a 98 Honda Civic - distorted, rumbly bass, so you can feel the vibrations on your feet the whole time from the club below. Other than that, the food is decent, service was good. The chorizo was nice. The empanadas were okay, and I was a little underwhelmed by the bread pudding dessert - but the guac was pretty good, and I think it was flourished by some pomegranates or something, which gave it a unique twist. I would go there again once the tequila bar beneath them closes, or they do some decent sound/vibration insulation.

1  Thank FlavourSeeker
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Some friends and I went to Los Colibris for dinner and we had a fantastic time.
The signature drinks were great as was all of our meals. We had the guacamole with chips and the queso fundido as appetizers. I had the pork stuffed pepper and it was amazing. Others had the tortilla soup, cerviche & the steak.
Everything was great.
Ask for Ben as your Server. He'll take great care of you.
Also, very gluten friendly.