“No Crab Legs Big Move...”

Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #547 of 9,135 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, International, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 100 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

food's pricey for average to good eats. without the crab legs, there's no real point to break the bank when you could do better for the money. it's not the place it was 20 years ago..

1  Thank Bert D

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Food variety and quality is outstanding. Staff was friendly and attentive. Prime rib was perfectly prepared.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

There were very many, tasty options. There was Chinese, sushi and Canadian food. They also seemed to have a good selection of what I assumed to be vegan food. The atmosphere was very fun, with lots of Chinese/asian themed decor. However, the service was a little slow. We were brought warm towels after we were almost finished our first plate and our drinks were brought after that.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Well, what can I say. Guess I went to remind myself why I don’t go to these places. With tax, it was a $33 mistake on a Monday night. Same as the food court stuff. Mass produced frozen food thawed and heated for your consumption. To add to my indigestion, too much Kenny G played for background music. Service was A1 and extremely friendly though. That’s worth 2 of the 3 stars.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 20 February 2018

The NO MORE CRAB LEGS IS A DEFINITE DECISION from the MANDARIN and will NO LONGER BE SERVIING CRAB LEGS AT EVERY MANDARIN LOCATION

We are quite frequent patrons of the Mandarin Restaurant. My father is an elderly man and always love treating us to the mandarin on a weekly basis. It's a nice outing for him as my mother is laid to rest at the cemetery nearby.

When I made a reservation on Saturday. I usually make the reservation as soon as it opens so everything is nice and fresh to me. Besides which my father doesn't like staying out too late its perfect time for him. We had reason to celebrate he just received his license (elderly have to renew every two years beyond 80) and Valentines Day.

To our disappoint we were told that the Mandarin is now not offering crab legs. Tony the manager comes around greeting the patrons. As we are a frequent guest at this restaurant, he mentioned that crab legs are very very expensive right now and Mandarin head office has decided not to offer crab legs on the weekend anymore. This is a definite decision. Even if they continued to raise the price of the buffet on the weekend. They are afraid the patrons can't afford more than what they are paying now.

We noticed the cutbacks in the fall. They used to have table cloths on the tables. When we asked Tony he said half of the restaurants have it the other half doesn't. The crab legs weren't as good as they were. Very thin very small. We noticed the cutbacks.

In regards to the staff, there were less of a few waiter/waitresses. Working harder and not as attentive to you as before. We always get excellent service but noticed it took way longer for our plates to be picked up and our ice water to be filled.

We ere always excited to go to the mandarin on the weekend for the indulgency of crab legs. Now its an average night like the rest at the Mandarin along with the high price of the all you can eat meal. They lowered the price $28.99 with 20% discount for the elderly but to me paying the extra for the crab legs was no big deal.

We noticed as soon as it was open it was busy at 4:15. When we were done our meal at 6:00 p.m. there were only three people waiting for a table. Not crowded, many tables were empty. Not like the usual busy busy Mandarin. Some people didn't know they didn't offer crab legs any longer. One woman was looking for the crab legs and shouting at the guy serving prime rib where are the crab legs? She was basically yelling with disappointment. She was louder because it wasn't that busy at the buffet and the few people picking up their meal heard her.

Now we are paying for deep fried , some bland items on the menu. I am considering going somewhere else maybe for that price a nice hot meal served to you at the Keg.

9  Thank Jo A