“Excellent bbq. If I lived in TO I would eat here often”
Review of Pig Out Bbq

Pig Out Bbq
Ranked #2,109 of 9,076 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

9 rib dinner was enough food for 2 people.
The ribs were some of the best I have had.

The chicken sandwich for 7.95 would bring me back in twice a month.

Restaurant was clean and staff were friendly.

Right off the Spadina street car line.

Excellent and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

I had higher expectations due to its popular reviews but it was a disappointing experience.

When I ordered 2 pounds of chicken wings I asked for separate sauces on each pound specifically requesting for something spicy. Both pounds tasted exactly the same...no flavor at all.
The pork ribs were mediocre and I could barely finish the fries.

The ambience was actually not bad and the service was prompt and friendly. This would be a great place if the food was improved.

Reviewed 21 May 2015

After walking around the U of T on a prospective student tour for a relative, we were hungry and wanted to eat lunch nearby. Time to try the Pig Out Bbq! I didn't go for the 'super pig out platter' at $62 despite the temptation to stuff the stomach and bowels to the max but didn't want to gross the relatives. Instead I had a burger ($8) and the others had chicken. Fries were greasy but good. Burger was excellent and entertainingly messy. The chicken was reported by the others as being a bit dry so I'm rating Pig Out Bbq a 3 instead of four. Upon arrival at this hole in the wall sized place, you go up to the counter and order what you want and then the server brings it to your table. Lots of choices, most at reasonable cost. Would go again...pretty of good food and retro college type atmosphere. Between a self serve and a regular restaurant with waiters. Prefer this type!

Reviewed 27 March 2015 via mobile

Went with a coworker for lunch. Had bbq chicken and fries and buddy had the taco special. Reasonably priced, fast and friendly service, and great tasting bbq. The smokey bbq sauce was good! Will return for sure.

Reviewed 25 March 2015

The place is not much to look at but the food is good and the staff are friendly. The boneless rib sandwich was much better than I expected and the sides particularly the Mac n cheese hit the spot.
Prices are fair, portions are good size. This is a great spot for lunch