“Copa- Copacabana Brazilian Rodizio Steakhouse”

Copacabana Toronto Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Copacabana Toronto Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #289 of 9,237 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$29 - US$42
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Description: Your experience at Copacabana begins with a trip to our "Galleria" where you will be tempted by fresh baked breads, and dips from our open concept bakery, fresh cheeses cut from the wheel and expertly hand sliced charcuterie selections. Help yourself to as much crisp salads and colorful starters you want but leave room, your experience is just beginning. Back at your table our gauchos or carvers will service you with a feast of various CAB (Certified Angus) grilled meats prepared in a number of ways. Simply tell your carver how you prefer your meat in regards to temperature (most come medium rare) and leave the rest to us. There is only one small task for you... As your gaucho is cutting at your table using your provided tongs simply grasp the slice of meat at the top and assist your carver as he thinly slices a perfect cut of meat onto your plate.... enjoy... and repeat as many times as you like
Reviewed 16 June 2017

What a superb experience! If you are a carnivore The Copacabana down on Adelaide Street in Toronto is a must! Besides a splendid spread of salads including one that is almost pure tuna fish, Barbecued meat is served on a skewer and carved by waiters right in front of you at your table. Wide array of choices ranging from 3 different cuts of chicken to pork to lamb to various cuts of beef including the most succulent sirloin ever! You can ask for rare to well done. Meat nirvana! Also barbecued pineapple and fried banana as desert! Can't go wrong with this one! And if you on the weekends you will be treated to live dance shows and acrobatics!

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Had been to their branch in Niagara Falls and thought we would visit their city branch.

Food is good. Good buffet spread of salads and sides but my family and I were there for the meats. Start was slow with only 2 samples coming but I supposed it depends on the timing on the kitchen as well, as the next round we were inundated with meat choices from garlic beef to cheese melt to lamb and pineapple. Do go for their cheese balls and corn bread. No regrets.

Meats were a bit on the salty side, just right for me but other members of my party were not too happy with the amount of salt. Perhaps better to let us add our own amount to taste?

Biggest difference with the Niagara falls branch was that this branch was a bit darker inside and noisier. Music was a bit on the loud side and the dimly lit environment (especially at our table) made us quote sleepy after having our fill.

Can't complain about the food, we got what we came for, but if the atmosphere was better, i would have rated it higher.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

I believe that this experience was spectacular for me & my family - the buffet is diverse and delicious (side dishes) and the meat specialities were the best I ever had. The "all you can eat" experience is perfectly combined with the Brazilian dance show and that makes this place worth the price. You have to pay 50$ / person with the posibily to consume as much food as you want, and for drinks/desserts you have to pay on top of the initial amount.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

We were at the Copacabana Toronto location on May 30th for my husband's milestone birthday. I made a reservation a week prior and received a call on the 30th from the restaurant to confirm our reservation. I mentioned to the caller that we are going to the restaurant for a special birthday dinner. I asked what they normally do for special occasions and was told they comp the meal or dessert. I suggested that they could bring him a complimentary dessert and we can sing him "Happy birthday". She said she will note that on our reservation. We showed up and were seated right away. It was 7:30 pm and the restaurant was very busy. The music was loud and so conversations had to be louder so you can hear each other. Our drink order was taken and water provided promptly. We grabbed our sides after the drinks were served and the beef dishes started coming by in quick order. I don't eat beef so I asked if they can bring some chicken or fish dishes over. I waited and waited nibbling my sides in the meantime. I was almost done my sides when someone showed up with shrimp. I took two of those, a long time later after I asked a second staff for chicken someone came over with chicken, then later a second type of chicken was served, and finally salmon (which was the most delicious of everything I had). I waited and waited and waited and they never came around with salmon again. But the numerous beef dishes kept coming at a rapid pace. I was filled mostly on sides. My family were over filled with the beef dishes which they did enjoy very much. You have to go to this restaurant if you have a large appetite. I loved the fried banana and grilled pineapple. They never brought out the special dessert for my husband. The waitress who was supposed to be looking after our table rarely checked in with us, and when she did she was moving away from the table not standing still and asking if all was ok. Going to the ladies washroom was another experience - there is two stalls in the ladies washroom for two floors of a packed restaurant. Not good - I waited for a very long time because someone was locked in one of the stalls so the rest of us had to use one. The restaurant owner should try to increase the number of toilets in the ladies washroom quickly. I will not be going back to this restaurant willingly.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Amazing experience, while in the bar waiting for our table the Brazilian dancers entertained us with a happy samba. Copacabana is a rodizio restaurant, where the fresh cooked meat is brought to your table from Parmesan meat, salmon, chimichurri, to much more. You serve yourself the salad, pasta, cheese bread, beans and rice, A great blonde beer made the night beautiful.