“Good For Special Occasion !”
Review of GEORGE Restaurant

GEORGE Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
GEORGE Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 9,302 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$51 - US$120
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen and Church
Transit: We are located at 111C Queen Street East, between Church and Jarvis on the south side of Queen. The closest subway stop is Queen. George is about a ten minute walk east from the station.
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here during Valentine's Day so we got the Special Valentines Menu. The food was delicious! It was presented very well. I love the ambiance of the restaurant, it was very romantic so it fits the occasion. Based on my experience here, it stands out the most are the helpers (or others call it 'busboy'), the one that brings you the food and explains the food for you. There's a lot of them so once they see you finished your plate, they grab the plate right away which I like. The service was outstanding here! I read reviews that this restaurant has the best service in Toronto and I would say it is TRUE! My boyfriend and I love going to fine dining restaurants, we've been to alot of restaurants in Toronto and I would say that this is probably the Best Service, Best Experience and Most Expensive meal I've had. It was WORTH IT!

Reviewed 21 February 2016

My dining experience at George Restaurant was about as close to perfect as they come. For a foodie who is always in pursuit of my “next favorite restaurant”, I must admit… George is it. Started with the chilled scallops with grapefruit segments, avocado, and quinoa. Amazing. The venison with grilled fennel and potato perogies was perfectly prepared and the lemon tart couldn’t have been better.

The service was adequate—not perfect. Waiter was not very knowledgeable and seemed distracted. That’s my only complaint.

I am very stingy and judicious when it comes to handing out 5-star reviews, but there is no other option here. Thank you. A delight.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

We were driving along Queen Street looking for an early supper after catching a matinee at the Royal Alex. I suppose we were a little high after enjoying such a wonderful performance of Kinky Boots and I wanted the magic to continue. It was the open kitchen that caught our attention, a few minutes before 5:00. The front door was locked, but after a few phone calls and knocking on the kitchen window we were welcomed in by a friendly host and seated. Our server was very attentive, taking time to explain the menu and encouraging us to try the tasting menu as this is what George is known for. I wanted to understand what made this restaurant achieve such a high rating so we took her advice. For four of us, (only one drinking wine) choosing the five course tasting menu came to $700. Yes, the food was great, the service was good, albeit a little slow at times. Our palettes were treated to beef tenderloin, wild boar, quail, lobster and foie gras and a medley of vegetables all very lovely. I thought some of the plates came out looking a little disheveled, but flavour made up for that. All in all, a nice complement to our theatre date, but I'm still a little shocked that our meal cost more than the show.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

This restaurant is a must do if you are a food and wine lover. The food and wine pairing compares to some great restaurants of Rome and Paris. Be prepared to spend a little more as your meals are paired with wines from small or unique wineries around the world. The 5 course tasting was enough food to take care of our appetites and both myself and my wife were given different tastings. If you are into sharing you have 10 different meals and wines to try.
This restaurant is not as romantic as it is advertised due to the noise level and numbers of people in close proximity but you are so busy enjoying the food and wine that you hardly notice others around you .
one critique was that customer service between servers varied greatly, It went from out of this world amazing to mediocre/ poor so they could stand to be a little more consistent in this area
Overall a great experience

Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

The food- incredible. Unlike anything I've ever been a part of in my life; my boyfriend and I did the 7 course tasting menu. Not only was each dish savory and wonderful, they actually were able to make 7 gluten free courses, all of which were outstanding. The wine pairing is a must! Each wine was presented so well and a brief history/lesson of the vineyard was given. Such an AMAZING time. Absolute must do!