“Birthday Dinner Surprise on Queen Street ”
Review of Stelvio

Stelvio
Ranked #23 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

We almost overlooked this Northern Italian inspired restaurant at Queen and Spadina - who dines in this hood?? But, the food was excellent! Polenta fries literally changed my life. Servers were passionate and informative while describing the menu - a great birthday night out!

3  Thank andrewinmeaford

Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

Been there two times with friends. The first we took sciatt as appetizer and ate pizzoccheri, typical northern Italian dish. it was great and really tasty! We also drank a bottle of Inferno wine!
We were really satisfied so we returned to try polenta burger: never ate such a thing!! Instead of the bread there is polenta and I love the type of cheese inside. It is served with polenta fries: delicious!
Next time I'll return to Toronto I will certainly return!

3  Thank Elisabetta S
Reviewed 30 October 2015

We should have waited forever for a table. This was an amazing dining experience with delicious, authentic Italian food and yet we walked right in! The service here is top notch; our server was knowledgeable about wine pairings, attentive to refill our glasses, and explained menu items thoroughly She was friendly, warm, and professional. The food was outstanding; both me and my mother cleaned our plates. I had the Tagliatelle; a toothsome, homemade pasta topped with a mouthwatering ragu'. A simple dessert of sliced fresh fruit topped off our meal flawlessly. I cannot wait to go back!

2  Thank Laura D
Reviewed 28 October 2015

While a bit stark, the ambience is clean and simple. The service was excellent, perhaps assisted by the small crowd. The menu is northern and so many dishes are different than most Italian restaurants in Toronto. However, we found them well executed, tasty and a pleasant change. Antipasto and cheese plates were very good. All who had main courses enjoyed them. The wine list is small but with some good selections. We thought it was good value for money.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

Awesome waitress, made us feel right at home as myself, and friends celebrated mind and my husbands wedding the following day. She was so sweet and so fun to have look after us. I had the tagliatelle ragu with home made pasta and it was delicious. So goddam yummy. As a matter of fact everything that everyone had was top notch. Would definitely come back.

4  Thank jp0069