“Twice in one week!”

Ranked #441 of 9,165 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: East End
Neighbourhood: East End
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

I have always maintained that I'm a thin crust pizza kinda gal, but after trying Descendant's Detroit style deep dish pizza on the recommendation of several friends, I'm now a believer. I've had the Double Pep, the Truff-ghi and the Sausage and Peppers so far. Can't wait to try more of their menu!

1  Thank Classybabe99

Reviewed 20 May 2016

Unique pizza style with a ton of flavor, unlike anything you will find in Toronto. Nice little selection of craft beer. Amazing service, very efficient, very friendly.

The pizza crust is outstanding and the toppings are extremely fresh and flavorful.

I love the reviews where people complain about the price. If you are looking for pizza deals try Pizza Pizza or Dominos. This is not your traditional pizza place folks. You get what you pay for in my opinion. I challenge you to give this place a try and tell me its not one of the tastiest pizzas you have ever had.

The restaurant is on the smaller side, which only adds to its character in my opinion. Almost a boutique trendy atmosphere with cool paintings and airbrushed walls.

If you have read any reviews on the hottest new restaurants in Toronto you will find Descendant in almost every article.

Keep up the amazing work guys!!!

1  Thank 2_Travelers_Toronto
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

Hey they must have really liked me! This is the best pizza I have ever had anywhere. Do not be put off by a "thick crust". More flavourful and rich than a Yorkshire pudding stepped up by gosh knows what unami- infused secret in cred ants . Have I forgotten to mention the equally delicious and very exotic toppings !!!

1  Thank GardinerToronto
Reviewed 10 May 2016

The pictures looked so great, so picked up a small double pepperoni for me and a large Sargent Peppers for the hubby.

$56 later, discovered what we expected to be tasty and crispy edges were burnt and hard to the point of being almost inedible. The pepperoni on top was good but the pepperoni under the cheese was so bad tasting, I kept trying to remove it but it was glued to the cheese. The tomato sauce on top was okay but falls off really easily.

Hubby found what he expected to be a spicy pizza very bland, and I knew it was a dud when nobody ate any the next day.

Too expensive to give them another try.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

We discovered this pizza shop on a walk along Queen East. What a great find! The pizza is done deep and in a square pan. We tried the pizza with the lemon zest as a topping. It was delicious!

1  Thank stockyard1