“Avoid, very rude staff ”
Review of Bread & Butter

Ranked #2,418 of 9,120 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: North End
Neighbourhood: North End
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Very rude staff. Some confusion with the bill, charged me for the wrong dish and when I tried to clear it up the lady got extremely defensive and made a big scene in front of the entire cafe embarrassing me and making it into a much bigger deal than necessary. Being someone who works in customer service I couldn't believe the way I was spoken to when I was polite from the start and it was not my mistake. Avoid.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

We visited Bread and Butter a couple of years ago and were not fans but we tried again today and after trying all the recommended places in this neighbourhood, can safely say that this will be our go-to place for breakfast in the future. My wife had Eggs Benedict and was pleased. I had the regular breakfast and was very pleased. The bacon was crisp, the eggs were over-easy and just right, the home fries were excellent though more would have been nice, and instead of toast, I had a toasted home made kaiser which was great. In addition, our Americano coffees were just right. As an aside, Bread and Butter makes the best banana bread in the area.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Looking for that bowl of traditional goulash, and maybe a schnitzel sandwich. Well, you have found the spot to do so at the Bread and Butter on Mount Pleasant. A great place to dine in for lunch or enjoy the covered Patton outside. Wonderful fresh delights on their deli.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I popped in for lunch one day when out for a walk. We both chose sandwiches from the specials board - meatloaf for me and chicken for him. Both were enormous, filled with roasted vegetables and salad and nice sauces. Huge fresh salad on the side too. We really enjoyed it. Nice, but very strong, coffee served. Was safe to say we didn't need a big dinner that evening but we're very tempted by the German cakes in the counter - next time!

Reviewed 16 May 2016

This place offers up some authentic schnitzel sandwiches that are trustworthy and savory. They come with a great piece of bread, lettuce, and tomato. The service is very homey and the people who run the place seem like nice, hard working, schnitzel technicians.