“Awesome Flavor!”

Cherry Street Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Cherry Street Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #618 of 9,038 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Cherry Street Bar-B-Que is a counter-service style barbecue house located in the Port Lands, Toronto. Our pit-smoked meats are fired over white oak using time-honoured and classic Southern smoking techniques. We also offer a selection of traditional and non-traditional sides. Our unique flavour profiles draw on a variety of regional styles and influences. Like the multi-cultural nature of our city, we are proudly Toronto BBQ. Cherry Street Bar-B-Que also features live music, a large outdoor patio with views of the Toronto skyline, signature craft cocktails, local beers and a curated collection of bourbons served by Good People.
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I've been to a lot of BBQ joints, this place is pretty good. Reasonably priced.The flavor is spot on! We ordered pulled pork and the baby back ribs. Pulled pork had a vinegary tang to it, reminded me of the pork I get from North Carolina, delicious! This is served by the 1/2 pound.
The baby back ribs were fall off the bone. Great flavor, just enough sauce. Had potato salad on the side. Flavor-wise, it tasted like a potato salad....texture-wise it was clumpy mashed potatoes. The texture threw me off but it was still good.The bar was good. Had a nice selection of craft beers.

I gave this place 4 stars because my food was cold. I read a review on here prior to going, and they said the food was cold. I was hoping this place was just having a bad day. It seems like a normal thing now that I've experienced it too. Service is great, and everyone is friendly. The flavor is totally there, but for the price you're paying, you'd expect to have a hot meal.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Can't stress enough how good the food is here. Very unique place, kinda out of the way yet very easy to get to. The brisket is to die for! We will be back. In fact, my absolutely finicky has to eat gluten free husband is obsessed with this place!

1  Thank Travelkittycat
Reviewed 25 May 2017

The atmosphere was what we expected. Very casual, order your food at the front & they bring it to your table when it's ready. My husband & I decided to share the brisket & ribs. We also ordered Potatoes & beans on the side.
The brisket was supposed to be half a pound. It was 1 slice.
TheRe were about 6 ribs. They were very salty, with no bbq sauce on them.
We were disappointed because we had read that this was one of the top places in the city for bbq

1  Thank MarilynSunshine
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I was working outside yesterday and during a break thought I'd get some good here. It is a little weird how you have to order from the kitchen yourself but I had the brisket sandwhich with Mac and cheese came to a total of 20$. A little higher than you would expect but boy let me tell you it was worth it. The mac and cheese was delicious and creamy and the brisket was tender. The inside of the restaurant has a really cool vibe to it as well.

1  Thank Alex W
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Lots of BBQ has come to Toronto these past years, and this one is at the top of the pile. Had the Brisket and the Cheese-steak - both were outstanding. Lots of brisket in Toronto, most of it too dry - this one was succulent on the inside, crispy bark on the outside - heaven. The Cheese-steak is medium rare smoked roast beef with just enough peppers, onions and cheese to compliment, not smother, the meat. Messy as hell but worth it. A side of unique home fries (tender lightly seasoned mini potatoes) and a few cold ones made for a fantastic lunch.
Meat to go by the 1/2 pound, and a good selection of bourbons round out the offerings. Service was fast and pleasant, and the finish and decor pays full respect to the 19th century building it is in. My new #1 for BBQ - Sorry AAA!

1  Thank Mark_n_Dale