“Yummy brisket sandwich”

Cherry Street Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Cherry Street Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #601 of 9,071 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Cherry Street Bar-B-Que is a counter-service style barbecue house located in the Port Lands, Toronto. Our pit-smoked meats are fired over white oak using time-honoured and classic Southern smoking techniques. We also offer a selection of traditional and non-traditional sides. Our unique flavour profiles draw on a variety of regional styles and influences. Like the multi-cultural nature of our city, we are proudly Toronto BBQ. Cherry Street Bar-B-Que also features live music, a large outdoor patio with views of the Toronto skyline, signature craft cocktails, local beers and a curated collection of bourbons served by Good People.
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

So I popped in for a bite to go, and the server recommended the brisket sandwich. It was fair size (see photo) and tasty. I will definitely go back as there were a number of menu items I wanted to try.

1  Thank George Randall H

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Above average BBQ. I understand some of the complaints about portion size (I'm always skeptical when I'm told I'm getting an exact measurement and it's in one piece) and BBQ can be subjective but I enjoyed everything I tried (brisket, ribs, beans). I didn't feel like it was the best BBQ I've ever tried, but I would return. Cheapest JD around!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Loved it, tried the Brisket Sandwich and the Side Ribs. Very good
Definitely would visit this place again.

1  Thank ilbthr
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Great atmosphere, friendly staff, cool crowd, amazing smoked BBQ food, what more can ask for? Highly recommended, the rack of ribs is excellent.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I've been to a lot of BBQ joints, this place is pretty good. Reasonably priced.The flavor is spot on! We ordered pulled pork and the baby back ribs. Pulled pork had a vinegary tang to it, reminded me of the pork I get from North Carolina, delicious! This is served by the 1/2 pound.
The baby back ribs were fall off the bone. Great flavor, just enough sauce. Had potato salad on the side. Flavor-wise, it tasted like a potato salad....texture-wise it was clumpy mashed potatoes. The texture threw me off but it was still good.The bar was good. Had a nice selection of craft beers.

I gave this place 4 stars because my food was cold. I read a review on here prior to going, and they said the food was cold. I was hoping this place was just having a bad day. It seems like a normal thing now that I've experienced it too. Service is great, and everyone is friendly. The flavor is totally there, but for the price you're paying, you'd expect to have a hot meal.