“OMG!!”

Royal Windsor Motel
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 29 October 2015

Never again! I think my room was used by the hour in a previous life!! There are mirrors EVERYWHERE!! Along the walls, the headboard AND the lights surrounding the ones over the bed are RED!! I have a chair and my bags piles up at the door. I should have gone elsewhere but was exhausted after driving 4hrs in a rainstorm I didn't have the energy!! Is it morning yet!!!!!! Only stayed here for the border crossing in the morning.....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank TorontoLynda

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

I have stayed there a few times in the past and always rated the motel as very good value. I booked again a day ahead of time and when I arrived, the front desk could not find my reservation and was told that the motel was booked. Finally found me a room. I had a voucher from a previous visit that she would not honour. Told that it was new owners. New owners are quite ignorant and I will not be going back there. A very bad experience.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 23 June 2015

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days. The owners are nice. The hotel is clean. The beds are newer and very comfortable. Without question I would recommend this hotel. Great Deal. The location is drivable to the USA border and all attractions that Windsor/Detroit have to offer.

Room Tip: They accept Service Dogs!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank homerlovesfood
Reviewed 7 May 2015

They promised to return our deposit on our 3 tiny dogs, which they reneged on even though the dogs did NO damage whatsoever. We stayed 2 nights.

No room clean, no clean towels . People running up and down the stairs all night so we couldn't sleep.

Nobody on duty overnight or pretty much any time. Will never go back. I don't appreciate being ripped off when I was totally honest with them.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter. It's a rip -off.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Kimberley W
Reviewed 18 December 2014

If you just want to sleep overnight on your way, then negotiate with them. They might give you a pleasant surprise. I found the washroom clean and the bed clean. That is all you should care if you just want to sleep overnight.

Room Tip: Ask them to show you the room, you might find a clean one :)
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family