“Great food and good location”
Review of Beer Market - CLOSED

Cuisines: Canadian
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

Ive been here a number of times for lunch and dinner. The food is always great. The steak is well prepared every time. The appatizers on the bar side are always good too. They have a decent number of beers, could have more in my option with a name like the beer market. The complaints about service are sometimes true, not that the servers are rude, but ive had to wait longer than usual on a couple of occasions. I still recommend the place, good for and atmosphere.. Nice patio too.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

After a long day we were looking forward to having a decent steak dinner. The ambience from the sidewalk is great - looks very inviting on a corner in downtown Windsor. We entered and were pleased to see a modern restuarant that looked very upscale.
Once seated...the problems started. No water or cutlery were offered and a simple beer (at a beer market no less) took ten minutes to get to the table. After waiting a furthere 10 minutes for a simple salad appetizer the waiter returned to tell us that there were no more ribs...this is 25 minutes after we got into the restaurant and a full 20 minutes after we ordered. That means that the waiter had no idea what the kitchen had available, or, that it took the kitchen 15 minutes to look at our order for the first time. It really left us with zero options. We went across the street to a nice little italian restaurant and had a great dinner.

This place needs to get its act together in a struggling Windsor economy...many other places to eat within a 2 minute walk...

1  Thank Real_Duke_of_Hockley
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We were there on a Friday in May just after 6 in the evening. I knew I was in trouble after I asked for the wine list instead of having it presented to me. Then I asked what the 'today's special martini' was, and was told "the bartender isn't here yet!". Ordered a bottle of wine, then ordered dinner. Waitress brought a bowl of buns, which were hard and stale, with butter just out of the freezer.
My friend ordered Chicken Marsala, which she said was OK, but certainly nothing special, for $22.
I ordered the Steak Delmonico after asking the waitress which steak was the best, and the biggest, and she assured me the Delmonico was the best, for $32. As an aside, I asked the 'market price' for lamb and was told $44; I assume this was for a 1/2 rack, since they offered both 1/2 and whole racks.
The steak came; it was cooked properly, but was an inferor and thin slice of steak, placed atop a huge mound of mashed potatoes.
So.......................the service was just OK, the food was inferior, and dinner for two with no appetizer, no desert, and 1 bottle of wine was just under $100, just over with tip. We will not be back.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

food is good, decent assortment of beers to choose from, ironically no local beers, but seems to take forever..

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were at the Beer market the weekend of April 13th. Normally, we have enjoyed our experience there (been there about a dozen times with friends over the years). Not being in the mood for beer, we ordered dirty martinis - we were served martinis with a twist that were barely cool. The service was quite slow, and if you weren't pounding back the drinks, you were ignored. I'm not sure we'll be going back.
It was a trendy place at one point, but it is getting tired and the decor is as well.