All reviews bagels continental breakfast heated pool room was clean spent nights here tourist season will stay there again hotel room one night stay quiet location great spot downtown summerside a great stay great price loft pei island
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The place looks great on the outside but inside the rooms are basic and dated. The check in lady told us we got a suite. It was just another hotel room with another room with a Queen bed while the King bed was in the room as soon as you walked in. We had a sink with dishes, etc. The TV is the problem in this place. I could not get it to work. I had to call her to come in. You have two remote controls. One for changing the channels and the other one for turning it on. What a pain. If you go out of range you cannot change the channels your too far away or if the angle is not right. I watched a movie here and do not know how I got through it. The TV is in the wrong position as you have to turn your neck to watch it. Rule no. 1 You never should have to turn your neck to watch TV. Your TV should always be straight in front of you with the centre point of it right at your eyes so you never have to raise your head. The flies love this place. I spent half the time of the two nights here killing them. I never had a chance to get in the pool. Now here is the big down fall of this place. As you walk in the front door the desk is right in front of you. They offer a continental breakfast. Guess where your going for that? Look up. See those stairs on the left? You have to climb them to get to breakfast. It is up in a loft. And you can feel the heat there when you travel up. My wife damn near fell and it was murder for her to climb these. I said no more. This is the first and the last time we will stay here. Who in the hell came up with that stupid idea? A small TV up there and a basic breakfast. We would not stay here. It is also too far away from the downtown and the shops, etc. I did buy three Anne of Green Gables dolls they had there behind the desk, but thats it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rick H
kbmcinnis, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we do appreciate each one. I truly apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay and wish I could of helped and made it more comfortable for you. We just recently updated all our televisions to flat screens which hang on the walls and can rotate. I'm really surprised about the flies because before anyone checks in our housekeeping staff turns on each A/C and checks for flies, then it is inspected with a check list that this process was followed. We are set on a beautiful property by the ocean and potato fields and flies can quickly get in when opening and closing the door, which is why we double check. I'm also surprised concerning the breakfast area as you will see from our reviews that guests love this area and you are the first to not enjoy the beautiful wood structure. We are up stairs and it can get hot mid summer. We do have trays that we offer to take food to your room for someone who has trouble with the 12 stairs that they need to climb. Again, I do apologize that you didn't enjoy your stay and I hope we have a chance to accommodate you again when you are in the area. Take care!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

The staffs in the inn were very nice and helpful. The breakfast was the best in 4 motels/inns we had been in NS/NB/PEI. Since it is an inn/motel, we cannot expect too much. All I can say is: it is worth the dollar.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback as we truly appreciate each one. Our front desk staff have one main goal to make you feel at home and give you a memorable stay. The breakfast definitely is a bonus and really is a great way to start your day. Thanks again for your lovely comments and I hope we can accommodate you again when you are in the area. Take care!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Booked a suite with a queen bed and a double as well as a couch and a kitchen back in June, 2017. The room was suppose to have separate bedrooms. Booked for August 24, 2017. Arrived there with myself, my boyfriend, and my 3 children ages 19,11 and 9. Was advised that the room we booked back in June was not the room we were getting. She said who ever booked our room made a mistake. The manager Melissa was the person that booked my room back in June. Anyway, we ended up with a very, very small room with two double beds which were less than a foot apart. Three of my children had to sleep in one bed right next to us. I went to the manager who really just apologized and blamed the mishap on the computer and the company who owns the inn. We stayed there 4 nights and not once were our sheets changed, the room was never vaccumed or swept. I explained to them that we booked the bigger suite because of my kids and they never really said anything. Just said well we cannot kick someone out of their room because you need a suite. I said well you pretty much did that to me before I even arrived here! She looked at my receipt and said yes you were booked for a suite but we don't have any available right now. It was very frustrating and needless to say, my kids did not enjoy sleeping in a double bed. I will not book there again.

2  Thank lpatey
kbmcinnis, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hello and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we do appreciate each one. I do remember talking with you and apologizing for the overbooking, which happens in all establishments unfortunately! I offered to find you another suite in another hotel at the same cost, which you refused. You also advised me that your 19 year old was actually only staying with you for 1 of the nights as they were attending school here and had a place to stay, and you were fine with that. You were not charged for any extra people in your room which would of been $20.00 per night. The room you did have is a two queen bed with a kitchenette, not double beds and would fit the two children well. When I talked with you to try and work it out, you told me not to worry about it, and it would be fine and you thanked me for trying. Overbookings is something that happens within the system and we are having it worked on and was out of my hands, again, I truly apologize and hope we can accommodate you again when you are in the area. Take care!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

wonderful time with our family- property was beautiful and service was excellent, Kids enjoyed the pool and the spacious grounds and it was dog friendly which was also great. Breakfast included as well which was great!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
kbmcinnis, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback as we truly appreciate each one. I'm happy you got to enjoy our beautiful property and the pool. It really is a great way to start your day with a variety at breakfast. I hope we can accommodate you again when you are in the area. Take care!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Spacious,attractive rooms. Delicious breakfast. Very friendly and helpful staff. A lovely motel..with many activities in the area. Would highly recommend to everyone. Hope to come back and enjoy this motel and eastern hospitality in the near future.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
kbmcinnis, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Hello and thank you for your feedback as we truly appreciate each one. I wonder though if you stayed with us or a hotel in Moncton? Your review says Moncton. If you did stay here in Summerside with us , thank you and we hope to accommodate you again when you are in the area. Take care!