“Best in pei and I've been visiting for years!”
Review of OpenEats

OpenEats
Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Summerside
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Description: OpenEats is an open concept restaurant located on Water St. in Summerside. A bistro atmosphere focused on serving locally sourced ingredients.
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We went as a group of four and tried nearly half the menu... and it was all incredible!

To start the meat and cheese plate, blue muscles and oysters.

Meat and cheese plate was delicious and offered a diverse mix of local cheeses, meats and pickled veg.

We had the blue mussels done with beets and truffle oil (they had four ways to pick from) and our table devoured them!

Lastly ultra fresh malpaque bay oysters. Served with a really unique mignonette (a little touch of fennel?) so delicious like I've never had before!

For mains one of us had the pork chop which we all tried and was the juiciest pork chop with the most perfect flavour.

Another the burger--- not your typical burger and beyond delicious! Juicy, unique vegetables and oh those potato wedges.

The carbonara pasta (I've gotta keep to gluten free so didn't try it) but even with the massive serving my mom ate more than I've ever seen!

Lastly, I had the corn battered haddock. The whole dish was delicious and the chutney served atop the haddock... yum!

I'll be going back for sure!!!

Clarklink, Owner at OpenEats, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Thank you! It was great chatting the other evening and we are so glad you enjoyed it! Hope to see you again! Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your stay!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

I went for lunch with a friend and I have to say the open face sandwich I had was fantastic!! Service was friendly and the warm cookies that arrived on our table when we finished eating were a wonderful surprise! I liked it so much I invited a couple of different friends to go there for dinner. While it was good, the haddock I ordered was barely warm and I will admit I don't like mushy vegetables but the ones that I was served were really not fully cooked. My friends had the pasta. Everything was good but not outstanding like my lunch was. I would still highly recommend checking this place out if you are in Summerside.

Clarklink, Owner at OpenEats, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Hey! Thank you for the review! We hope to see you again, and if ever anything is less than perfect, let us know instantly and we will be glad to repair, mend, fix, re-do, re-evaluate, comp, discount, whatever it may be! But certainly do not let us give you something you don't want! Thanks again!

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

My Wife and I visited and had lunch. With all the reviews we saw we thought we would try. The interior is nice and comfortable but rather dark. The food was good but by no means amazing. The menu we found was very small which leads you to think they do few things but very well. I would suggest maybe another location in town but it was not a horrible choice.

Clarklink, Owner at OpenEats, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Hey thank you for the review! There are some great choices on PEI for food, you've got that right, and we aren't for everyone. If you return and find it dark please let us know and we will turn up the lights or open a window! Last week was really dark and cloudy, eh?

Big menus mean big freezers! Keep it small and fresh!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

This was the best meal I have had in Summerside since I moved here a year ago. The ambience and decor was comfortable and interesting without being overdone. The music was excellent - not elevator music, but not overly intrusive either. The servers were attentive and knowledgeable about the menu items. The caprese salad was refreshing and flavourful. My husband enjoyed the mussels in cream sauce. I had the mushroom linguine....hand formed pasta! Not just made on site, but actually hand rolled. My husband had the haddock, and loved it. We tried very small portions of the lobster ice cream, and enjoyed it. Two small concerns: the server called me "dear" three times; and I received a text 45 minutes after making our reservation, reminding me about it. This restaurant is too good for me to be as offended by these actions as I normally would be.

Clarklink, Owner at OpenEats, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Best comment yet; not elevator music! I'll tell the staff your review, they think I have terrible music choice! Thanks a million!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Wow this place was great, the food was a step above and the service this gale new her stuff. The minute you step into this place you know that the chef is doing it right.
The food is local and the combinations and flavors are well thought out. I had a lobster sauce on hand made pasta with clams, WOW! You could tell the sauce was made from scratch using the lobster shells , the flavor stood out and just brought the whole dish together. They have an appetizer which is bacon on crostini with their own sauce, I can still taste the flavor, make sure you order it. Also make a reservation the locals have found this place, they are so lucky. The staff are great, young, friendly and lots of knowledge on the restaurant concept and where and how things are prepared.
If you are close to Summerside make sure you stop and eat here. Check out their website for hours open.