“Fantastic”

Au Palet D'Or Patisserie
Ranked #2,714 of 6,485 Restaurants in Montreal
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Fantastic !
Very nice place. We stopped at the first day of our trip, just to find a place to have a breakfast. we loved so much that we get back again and again every morning during our stay at Quebec City.

But it was not enough, we bought two fantastic dry fruit cakes to get with us in the car.

Wish to get there again soon !!

Date of visit: December 2011

Reviewed 1 June 2011

Delicious pastries (and bread; and sandwiches) -- on my last day in Quebec, I had 5 brioches aux raisins. Just like in France (the lovely ladies behind the counter said the baker is from France). They're no longer in Old Quebec, however. They moved to a suburb called Sainte Foy on May 18. I'll look for them, no matter how far I have to go, next time I'm in Quebec City.

Date of visit: May 2011
Reviewed 28 November 2010

This is my favorite patisserie at the moment in Old Town Quebec. The sandwiches are great and tasty and oh, you must have the desserts! The chocolates the best! So delicious. Highly recommend them...and did I mention they are very reasonable? Yes, they are...GO!

Reviewed 17 February 2010

During a weekend stay, our hotel provided a gift basket with complementary pastries from Au Palet every morning. My wife was so infatuated, we returned for a snack (a just-right pain chocolat, with cafes au lait), and proceeded to clean out their daily stock of croissants the day we left.

Oh, and they get bonus stars for service - they noticed my wife forgot her purse, and immediately set it aside and kept an eye out for us to they could return it.

Reviewed 1 September 2008

This patisserie is just like what you'd find in Paris. With fruit tarts, eclairs, baguettes, opera cake and many more baked goods to offer. They also have espresso and coffee. There is a small outdoor area for dining as well as indoor. It is excellent.