US$245
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$148
  • Fitness centre
Hotel l'Abri du Voyageur(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$120
M Montreal(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$114
Hostelworld.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsolympic stadiumbotanical gardenssoccer gamele toitoutdoor poolfree shuttlerecommend this hotelshuttle serviceminute walksliding doorwalking distancestay there againhotel is greathotel restaurantconvenient locationbooked this hotelking bed
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Our stay in Sept 2017 was the second since May and based on that experience it definitely missed repeating our experience. First sign was when I called to make the reservation and intended special request. I was put on hold and never gotten back to twice. I went and reserved on-line. At check-in the 1st room they provided was unacceptable. The sink was clogged with black crud bubbling up and the faucet body/handle assembly was so loose it was flopping around. I alerted them and they changed our room. Fine but because it was so obviously broken this was completely avoidable. Second room was ok and similar to our 1st visit. Generally the room layouts are ok but dark and the bath areas are odd and cramped. This room had an unplugged lamp on the nightstand that was impossible to plug in (bed was unmovable) so I moved it to the TV table for light. The rooms are old and in need of renovation. I did use the restaurant this time and it was just ok. I usually like a continental type starter (Pastries etc.) which was not available. I thought it was odd considering I was in Montreal. Anyway the quality doesn't match the cost so the value is low. I'll probably stay again mostly because of location to my family and lack of choice but with adjusted expectations. It has lots of potential to be a solid 4 star hotel. The needed renovation would make it really nice.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Hotel-Universel-Mtl, Responsable réception at Hotel Universel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear guest,
We would like thank you for the effort made to present us with your comments .Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations this time around. We shall take note of your inconveniences and improve our service with your future reservations.We have still a busy season, we receive a high volume of calls for reservations especially, and it seems that we missed the chance to answer properly to few of them.This is one of our next targets, to reduce at minimum the waiting time for reservations and avoid situations when our guests might have to call twice for a booking by offering to call back when front desk is overwhelmed, and have that call produced within fewer minutes.
Our rooms are undergoing perpetual renovations, there is a monthly planned rollout for different types of renovations, replacements or additions.Due to the nature of our business and given the rate occupancy , the rollouts are to be deployed with the comfort of our guests in mind as first priority, and we might not advance at the desired pace as consequence.However our roooms will have a better look with each day, and we strongly believ we should be able to exceed your expectations shortly.
We strongly hope that the potential you apreciate in our hotel will be fulfilled and your comfort when hosted will increase.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a hotel in the Montreal area that was relatively close to the city and had free parking and the hotel universal met and exceeded my expectations.

Parking at the hotel was extremely easy, there was no garage to maneuver through, just a regular parking lot. If you don't want to move your car, the hotel offers a free shuttle which will bring you to the viau subway stop and other areas around the hotel.

The hotel room was clean and comfortable. The room we stayed at had a view of the Olympic tower which was a pleasant surprise checking into the hotel.

Overall, the hotel exceeded expectations by providing free parking, shuttle service, discounted admission tickets to attractions in the Olympic park area, and it's proximity to the Olympic park and botanical gardens.

As others have stated there are not a lot of hotels around the hotel. There are some fast food restaurants around and a benihana but I did not have the opportunity to really eat at any of the surrounding restaurants.

I don't think I could have found a better hotel at such a reasonable price. It was an amazing experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Hotel-Universel-Mtl, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Universel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice words, we are looking forward to accomodate you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and I have to say they were very accommodating. When we visited our room we immediately noticed the smell of smoke. So I called the concierge and they asked me to come down . As per the inconvenience they upgraded us to a suite and a free extra cot which the kids thoroughly enjoyed. It was the customer service that saved out hotel stay as they were totally understandable to the sensitivity of the smell of smoke and were a bit annoyed at the fact that the housekeeper did not notify. They also immediately put the room out of service so that no other after us would be inconvenienced. Great room , great stay !

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 September 2017

i was visiting for business,
this is not the vacation hotel you want.
can stay there if you have a car and can travel around, otherwise not so interesting area.
hotel restaurant is not the most recommended, but if you want , down the road there is excellent restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on the way back to Ontario from our east coast vacation. The guy at the front desk was very friendly and welcoming. The room was ok.. the blankets on the bed were clean but they looked a little worn and we not completely white anymore. Also the bathroom offered very little privacy... the door was transparent and didn't even close all the way let alone lock. The tv was big and had a lot of channels. I have provided a picture of the bathroom door i was talking about.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple