8 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$218
FairmontUS$218
Hotels.comUS$311
1,305 results
All reviews gold floor train station artisan market recent renovations ono beautiful hotel underground city crepes quebec city old montreal junior suite valet parking bed was very comfortable bell centre yoko lobby conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The room was clean, seemed sanitized.

It could have been better if there was a complimentary water or the drinking glasses are wrapped to ensure they were sanitized for use.

The front desk was prompt if you ask.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Room was quite a bit smaller than anticipated. Was not offered any upgrades when checking in as well. Overall it was an OK stay for 3 nights, but didn't think there was much value in the 'premium' price paid. Having "free wifi" offered as a new ACCOR member seemed like an insult. Pool / change room were highlight for the kids, but only being able to allow 10 people in pool area at a time really limited the times that it was available. Also, Marche was closed which was a disappointment but I understand with covid there were restrictions all over the place. May look at other options next time I'm in Montreal.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Near the financial district - nice hotel with very pleasant staff, nice sheets and pillows and comfortable bed. Everything you need. Nice terrace bar. We enjoyed full breakfast at the restaurant. Pool and gym were open although the hot tub was closed due to covid rules. You need a vaccine proof to go into any restaurant in Montreal.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

We booked the Fairmont property through Visa Infinite Privilege program. With this came a few perks including: automatic upgrade, $100 dining credit, breakfast included.

We purposefully booked a room on the gold floor to take advantage of the gold perks (including lounge, canapés, etc).

When we arrived we were placed in an upgraded room. Check in was seamless and staff were friendly.

Upon entry to our room it was lovely. Appeared clean and somewhat spacious. (We stayed in a Gold King Room on the 20th floor).

The reason for our stay was to celebrate our wedding, which had taken place during covid. We were greeted with a lovely surprise in our room of a small dessert and a card. The card was addressed to “Mr and Mrs”. (We are a same sex couple. This was off putting but an honest mistake we were able to look past.

Within hours, we realized:

- the Gold Lounge was closed (and not advertised on their website or advised by check in staff).

- the hot tub and sauna were closed “due to COVID”, although these same amenities were available elsewhere.

- the lobby bar was closed

In lieu of the gold lounge being closed we were told that the hotel was offering complementary breakfast and a free entree in the hotel restaurant. However since we booked with a premium credit card, breakfast was already included in our stay. As for the free entree, we couldn’t take advantage of this as there were no reservations at the restaurant.

Breakfast: we had breakfast at the restaurant both mornings of our stay. There were 2 (TWO) menu options. This includes bacon/sausage/eggs, and/or a mix of pastries. Although our breakfast was included, the cost for 2 was $75CAD.

During our stay we wanted to use the dresser drawers in our room. When we opened one of them we found a used razor with hair on it, feminine hygiene products (tampons and pads, and used conditioner. Needless to say the room hadn’t been fully inspected/cleaned when the last guests checked out.

Additionally, I don’t believe the hotel was prepared for the number of guests it would have on the September long weekend. There was a regular wait of 5-8 minutes for elevators, and a line up that spanned the entire length of the check-in desks. There were no priority elevators for gold floor rooms.

We originally booked this hotel for 4 nights. We checked out after 2 and will not be returning to the Fairmont Montreal.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank T3608YEcodyc
Reviewed 9 September 2021 via mobile

From the moment I was "greeted" or lack thereof, I felt disrespected and highly offended. I will never stay at another Fairmont hotel again.

This is exactly what happened...

I approached the hotel in my vehicle and when I got out, there was a gentleman by the name of Mathieu that greeted me. I simply asked him "do you guys take luggage to rooms during these times"? I asked that question because I wasn't familiar with the covid rules. The way he answered absolutely offended me. His response was belittling and offensive. Just the way his demeanor was is what threw us off. He replied as if I was a child "well I don't take your luggage, I give it to someone else and they take it to the hotel"

It's very difficult to explain attitude and demeanor over quotes, however he was talking as if I offended him. He was stretching his words as if I was a child and talking very slow to ensure I understood him but in a very disrespectful way. I thought to myself "wow, this guy is very rough and unwelcoming" so I said to him "you are very..." and my wife stopped me from finishing the sentence. He then looked at me and said "do you have a comment to make sir" with such poor attitude and disregard. I said "no I don't"

He then turned around to grab the cart to help with the luggage. I was truly in shock. My wife looked at me and said "I would rather carry my own luggage than have this gentleman help us"

So as he was approaching with the cart, I stopped him and told him I no longer needed his services. I will never forget the way he stopped, looked at me in disgust, shook his head, and turned around. It was truly awful from the moment this gentleman approached us. Me and my wife were absolutely offended by his actions. We couldn't help but to think "is it because we are Anglophones, or is it because my wife wears a Muslim Scarf (Hijab)? “

It's truly sad how we were treated. I've been staying at the Fairmont worldwide for over 13 years. Maui, Banff, Calgary, LA, San Francisco, Ottawa, San Jose, Jasper, Vancouver, Montreal, are a few cities where we've stayed at the Fairmont.

I checked in and requested to speak with a manager. Simon was on duty that late afternoon. I spoke with him. I told him "business owner to another, I would never allow such an individual to greet my guests". I told him word for word what had happened just like what I'm doing now. He listened and said he would have a word with the gentleman. That's all. I have nothing negative to say about Simon. However, personally, if this happened at my hotel in the way it did, I would have done more. I told him I wasn't looking for him to give me or do anything for me. I just needed him to know how I was approached and spoken to by this gentleman. I even told him we think it's due to racism or the fact that we are English only speakers. He refuted that. However, it's HOW WE FELT.

I would never allow my guests to be treated this way. I own a used car dealership and I would never allow the people that work at that establishment to ever make someone feel like the way I did. It's disrespectful. I'm still in shock

Trip type: Travelled with family