1,467 results
All reviews high ceilings art collection pop art andy warhol old montreal jasper johns original artwork foot ceilings notre dame basilica lobby bar boutique hotel valet parking room was large within walking distance perfect location croissants continental breakfast
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Charming hotel in the heart of Montreal’s old city. Great for a romantic getaway. It has a very viby feel to it with a great collection of modern art hanging on its walls and atmospheric lighting.
The hotel itself was very accommodating and was vigilant about the room being feather free as per my request. The room was clean, spacious and boasted very high ceilings. We moreover enjoyed great customer service. We were recommended a lovely restaurant a few minutes away called Boris bistro with a beautiful outside terrace and very romantic atmosphere. Special thanks to Nick Meireles!
Mr and Mrs Barel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mbb1818
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I like this place. Super comfy beds and pillows...clean, great staff. Again staff were so friendly that this would be a reason alone to stay here again. What more could you want?

Now for the things I had some issues with. Well for starters, the bar in the foyer is really dated looking and should be stepped up - a lot! It's kind of a 1968 throwback look to it. I think that 60's hipster look is done - because you either nail it perfectly and it works, or it looks like you are trying too hard and didn't have the budget to do it properly. In this case, a few old 1960's things that are obviously knockoffs just looks bad.

Nevertheless, the price was reasonable - kind of high...and for the cash, I would just stay across the street at the St. James next time. Not because I like that place better, but because they know who they are and they nailed it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MobiusTraveller
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough about LHotel! Charming, quirky, centrally located and wonderful staff. The rooms are spacious - dramatically high ceiling on first floor. With a funky, artsy vibe, this place lends itself to the traveler who wants to stay somewhere memorable and unique. Next time I’m in Montreal, I’m staying at LHotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
7  Thank timl1467
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived to happy and helpful desk staff, a quick check in and then discovered our beautiful room, with high ceilings , funky furniture and a most comfortable bed. The room was very clean , the towels in the bathroom were plush and the room was quiet ( despite overlooking a main road).
The art work throughout the hotel caught my eye, and was beautifully displayed. Quite an unique collection.

The hotel bar had great service , friendly staff and a positive vibe. Everyday there was fruit infused water in the lobby , and free coffee in the morning. We really appreciated the water and coffee.
We liked it so much , we returned to the hotel on our way home from Quebec City.

We did note that there was ALOT of American themed art on the walls and I wonder why? I would of loved to have seen more Canadian/ Quebec artists featured.

The location was perfect, a quick walk to lots of wonderful restaurants and shops.

We will definitely return again. A unique hotel full of great staff!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank angepod
Reviewed 9 August 2018

We booked this hotel based on a review in the Sydney Morning Herald Traveller section. Everything about this Hotel was as expected. Quirky, interesting, comfortable, and in a great position. The staff were helpful and friendly. The artworks on display were diverse and interesting, if not all to our taste.
All in all an excellent stay. Thank you!

Room Tip: We had a lower floor room, with a view over a small park. Very quiet, with lots of natural light.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple