“Awesome Steak, simply fantastic”

Steak Frites St-Paul
Ranked #1,580 of 6,465 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier International
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This chef knows how to prepare a steak, plain and simple. I had the Bavette and it was melt in your mouth good. Brought my own wine too which kept the bill down and I chose a nice red to go with the steak. The ambience was good with candles and lots of separation between tables. Great service, good prices and the manager came by a few times to check on us and also when we left. He was well dressed unlike what the previous reviewer said. Overall I would definitely return and if I lived in the area, this would be a regular dining location for me.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The food is correct, the place is correct but the service is a triple zero! The manager should use a fresh shirt, deodorant, change his very dirty tennis shoes for a decent pair and learn how to eat properly.... by this statement your best guess about cleanliness of the rest of the establishment is??? The service is poor and bad, you would think you are at their service and do you even think of asking their majesty for something??? Do not even think of drinking the water, directly from the tab , smells chlorine like hell. Only exception the asian guy who was really trying to do his best.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I've been several times before on my trips to Montreal. This was the first time I went with a big group. Being able to bring your own wine without a cork fee is amazing. We brought 8 bottles which would have cost a fortune.

The appetizers were excellent and the main course was amazing. The customer service was really good too. Everything from when I booked to the confirmation and the actual night of the dinner.

I highly recommend this place to anyone!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The food was excellent, from the apps to the main course, I was impressed. The steak was cooked perfectly. I checked a few of my friends steaks and they were also cooked as asked.

The fact that you can bring your own wine is amazing. We spent about $60 a person that night. We were a big group so we had about 6-7 bottles of wine. Had we had to buy the wine there, our bill would have probably been around $150 a person so it's a great idea they allow you to bring your own wine.

Our reservation was at 9pm and the dinner rush had passed so I'm not sure if the steak's were perfect because they weren't as busy but I was impressed on the accuracy of the cooking.

Server was very friendly too.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 8 June 2017

If you're blind and deaf you will love this place. VERY UGLY, VERY NOISY. Like eating in the hallway of a soccer stadium. The quality of the cheapest steak+frites on the menu is very high - succulent and juicy, cooked to perfection. The bottomless fries are delicious. The French onion soup had plenty of cheese. The lava cake was expertly prepared with a creamy hot chocolate filling. Service was very pleasant and quick. The prices are a bit on the high side, probably to make up for the "bring your own wine" capability. I'd dine here again, but would bring my ear plugs and a blindfold.

Date of visit: June 2017