“Yummy unusual baked goods”

Patisserie Harmonie
Ranked #14 of 89 Bakeries in Montreal
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 25 October 2016

This is a nice and clean bakery in China Town, I went there to try new flavours and fell in love with matcha and red beans!
I live in Montreal and have been back quite a few times. The most popular items are the egg tarts (both Portuguese and Chinese are good and kept warm), the Chinese donuts (my favourites), red bean fried balls (very good as well) and the BBQ Pork bun (I'm not personally a fan of sweet bread and sweet meat). The breads are light and fluffy but most of the pastries are on the sweet side and the creamy ones are often quite heavy.
They bake throughout the day until lunch, go early for fried foods as they tend to get a bit oily and more choice on the savoury buns, I would say 12pm is the best for quality and quantity.
They also have some buns leftover from the day before that they sell at discounted price at opening and they sell bubble tea and birthday cakes.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

My review is based on that single dessert- terrible, nothing like a tiramisu, contained canned fruit and had cheese crackers on the top! I didn't return to try anything else!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

I am totally in love with this place. Best pastries I have ever had. Clean, beautiful and with plenty of options. Every Montreal visitor should take 10 minutes to shop in this place. I was completely overwhelmed inside of it

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

I visited this place everytime I went to the chinatown. They have a nice selection of bread, pastries, and all. They are very tasty! My favourites are the sugary donut on the stick, the sticky rice ball with peanuts filling, the custard filled bread, and the butter bread.
They accept cash or debit (for $5 min).

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

How could we pass off pastries when we are in Chinatown. We got a coconut sprinkles on a cream filled bun, green sponge cake, and an egg tart. The bun is delicious but the egg tart isn't good. It's quite egg-Y. The sponge cake is dried and I think it's normal for Chinese sponge cake---DRY! No surprise there. The three pastries are good for me. They ended my sweet craving!